“good, not amazing. Few options out there” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
New York
“good, not amazing. Few options out there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

You are in a very remote place and you don't have too many options for breakfast or brunch. I thought this might be the only place but then I noticed the convenience store just down the same street has a small restaurant next door.

India's food is fresh and reminds me of home cooking. The service is very warm and friendly. From the locals, I heard both "the place is amazing - best breakfast and lunch", "it's overrated and just ok", "India and her husband are a bit of local legends". It like walking into a local's house a being served breakfast.

For the prices, I expected a bit more. For example, the French toast was about $8 or $9, you get two slices of toast pressed in one of those griddle pans you pick up in target. It didn't really taste like much egg was mixed into the French toast but it did come with 4 half pieces of bacon. I thought it might come with something else or be bigger like everything else in Texas where the portions are gigantic. I wouldn't recommend the French toast.

The other order was much better - scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, and hash browns. This was a good meal and cost about $10. Nothing fancy, just a good meal like you would make at home for yourself. I do recommend this.

They were out of the pancakes and waffle mix.

I overheard that some of the burritos were huge portions but we didn't order them.

The restaurant itself it a small very casual local place with a couple of table inside a few more outside.

On the counter you will have a few cakes baked by India. These are tasty and very reasonably priced. We took a couple of these for the long ride bake to Austin.

I thought I might rate India's a 3.5/5 due to the french toast and prices. But, due to the freshly baked cakes (it might be tough to find anywhere else in town and you might otherwise only be left with prepackaged goods), I think India's is a 4.

Visited December 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Great surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

On our way out of town, we spotted this place early one morning and boy are we glad we stopped. India was so nice and her burrito was fantastic! We'll definitly go again when we're in the area

Visited October 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Another great breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

You can't go wrong for breakfast or lunch here while in the Study Butte/Terlingua area. Her skillet offerings are ample and her fried biscuits are to die for! But don't go on Tues or Weds, India's gone fishin' or whatever else she does on her days off. Really hungry? Ask for the 'Big Stan'.

• Visited October 2012