“Clean and honest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Temple

You added Travelodge Temple to your Saves list
Travelodge Temple
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4001 S General Bruce Dr, Temple, TX 76502 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Temple
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Clean and honest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I called for a reservation and price and was quoted a price for a king size bed. I called back and changed my mind to two double beds. The manager informed me that my change would result in a five dollar reduction in the room rate from what he quoted me. He could have charged the same for king or double most hotels do, but he was honest and gave me the lower rate. In addition we found the room to be very clean. Beds comfortable even though next to I-35 noise level acceptable did not wake me up. I would stay at the Travelodge in Temple any time and would without reservation highly recommend it. It may not look like much but for the price and comfort I would consider it the best value in Temple.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here 6 months ago and it was ok, except for the price and room size (king bed, 2 people). This time, stayed in a 2 double bed room (3 people) and was surprised that the size was exactly the same. The price was much better though. Check in and out were fine. Breakfast is basic. Room was clean, but the beds were uncomfortable. Heat worked great. Shower was difficult to get the water temp just right, but we did eventually. Incredibly tight quarters for 3 people. Tv needs updating and furniture is worn, but for the location, price and cleanliness, it was ok.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kyle, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were in need of a low cost hotel on short notice for two nights in Temple, Tx. I looked online and found the Travelodge had a great rate and also had a 15% discount for two nights. I called and asked about their "continental breakfast" and was told what it was. The rate was so low I was very concerened about what we would find. We arrived to find very friendly staff, a spotlessly clean room, help with "local" information on restaurants, and convienient location. There was free internet, a fridge and micro-wave. There was no pool but I can't remember the last time I used a pool at any hotel. We paid less for two nights there than one night in Waco the next night!
Great value hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Temple? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Temple

Address: 4001 S General Bruce Dr, Temple, TX 76502 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)
Location: United States > Texas > Temple
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Temple
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Temple 2*
Welcome to the new Travelodge Temple. Located with convenient access to major highways and attractions, this hotel is ideal for Leisure, Business or Family Travelers. The Travelodge Temple is situated nearby many major Restaurants and Attractions, offering convenience and choices for our valued guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Temple reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Travelodge Temple, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.