“Toomuchtalking” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 133 Restaurants in Temple
Cuisines: American
“Toomuchtalking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

When I arrived at the restaurant I was directed to the bar to place an order to go. The bar tender was sitting on the counter engaged in a very long conversation with customers for at least 8 minutes before noticing that I was there. He finally noticed that I was sitting there at the bar. He asked me what I wanted to order. I then asked for a menu. He gave me a menu and sat back on the edge of the inside bar table and continued to talk to this friend/customer. He passed by my 5 minutes later and went straight to the kitchen. He took an Applebee's bag out the side door. He came back two minutes later and talked some more to another customer. He finally takes my order. I had traveled all day and was too tired to look for another restaurant so I waited for my order. He made a trip back to the kitchen then came back complaining about the manager to one of the customers. Really! the manager probably saw what I saw. To top it all off the bar tender took dirty glasses and dipped them into a sink of dirty water rinsed them off and placed them straight on the shelf wet and dirty with other clean glasses. This really needs to be addressed. I finally got my order and as I exited the building this same bar tender went back out of the side door and I saw him get into his truck and sit there. He made more trips to his vehicle than to the kitchen checking on my meal. I could see the kitchen from where I was sitting. I did not fear eating the food. The food was very good. But if you can get pass the bar tender, you will be ok. I am confident that the manager was on him. I feel that it was an isolated incident. Everyone else was working.

Visited October 2013

Temple, Texas
“Twenty years ago”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Twenty years ago, when I lived in Dallas, I swore I would never spend another dime in Applebee's. Twenty years ago, obviously the food was bad there. Well it was my birthday, my wife wanted to go out to a birthday dinner. We were going down 190, she wanted to know if Applebee's was any good. I said no, but that was twenty years ago.
Maybe we should give them another try. Well, somethings don't change. The dinning area was very dirty, which tells me the kitchen is far dirtier. There food needs to be rated between bad and gross, calling it bad is very kind. My steak was microwaved. The steak was covered by shrimp that were about to spoil. The table was covered with caked food, the floor was covered with garbage. The only thing I enjoyed is telling you all not to ruin your birthday or any other special day with this restaurant.

Visited April 2013
Clifton, Tx
“very good experience ........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed the food and attentive server. Variety of food, cleanliness of the restaurant, and using a gift card made us "splurge" on dessert. Burger, wonton tacos, and the brownie with ice cream were all delicious!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waco, Texas
“Great for lunch groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I eat here once a month with a group. The wait staff is always friendly and happy to put tables together for us. The lunch specials are great!

Visited March 2013
Wylie, Texas
“Great service and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a great server who took good care of us and kept our glasses full. Applebee's is consistent with their menu and food from one location to another so you know it will be good.

Visited March 2013