“Nice and Comfortable!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Temple
Dallas, Texas
“Nice and Comfortable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because my husband had to have lasik eye surgery at Ft. Hood 30 minutes away and we needed a nice comfortable place to stay since we had to stay overnight for his morning eye check-up. I requested my usual requests which were to have a high floor, quiet room, away from the elevator. We were arriving an hour before check-in and so I called the hotel ahead of time to let them know we needed an early check-in because my husband needed to rest as soon as possible. I wasn't sure they would have a room ready but when we got their our room was ready, everything seemed clean and my husband was able to lay down to rest his eyes.

I reserved a junior suite so that he could have a space separate for me and the boys. The suite was a good size. It came equipped with a refrigerator and microwave which are always a plus more like a must for me. The hotel was close to a lot of eating places and stores which was convenient.

The reasons I didn't give an Excellent rating was because there were a couple of small things I would change. The living room furniture was pretty run down and in need of replacement. I requested fresh linens, which I always do because I know a lot if not most hotels don't wash the top comforter and blankets that often. I didn't notice it right away, but I did finally notice that the top comforter had stains which told me the linens weren't fresh like I had requested. Also, I usually only reserve rooms at hotels that offer complimentary hot breakfast but since this was the nicest hotel closest to Ft. Hood Army Base I went ahead and chose to stay here and either go elsewhere to eat breakfast or eat at the hotel's restaurant, which we ended up doing.

The hotel desk clerk, Cassie, was VERY friendly and attentive. I always appreciate it when the hotel staff take pride in their job and try their best to accommodate their guests. That night we wanted to try the cheesecake at the hotel's restaurant but was going to try it once we came back from getting dinner but the restaurant closed at 9 and we didn't have enough time to make it back in time, so we called the hotel and asked if they could save a piece for us to pick up once we got back and Cassie made it happen.

The pool and hot tub was very nice and is always a treat because my boys love to swim. All in all, our stay was nice and I would stay here again with a couple of "tweeks."

Room Tip: Reserve a junior suite, roomy and comfortable especially for a family of 4.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marilyn J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Hi Mrs Leggett,

I hope your husband had a speedy recovery. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during this procedure. Disappointed to hear that we missed an excellent rating due to dated furniture, comforter was stained and our breakfast was not complimentary however thankful for your feedback. I am excited to report that we will be renovating our rooms this year and that we do offer a Bed & Breakfast Package. While our breakfast is not complimentary due to it's wide variety of fresh items and cooked to order omelets, eggs, French Toast and Pancakes we do understand how important this is and offer a discounted breakfast that can be added to your room rate at check in. I am disappointed that we didn't offer this to you at check in. This will be addressed ensuring our future guests are offered this wonderful discount. I have also addressed the stain on the comforter, while it is our policy to clean All linens I am sorry we missed the stain and will do better. Again thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
BRISTOL, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Chose this Hotel for its location as working at North Fort Hood. Close to local amenities, restaurants etc. Govt rate does not include breakfast. All the usual Hilton Garden features and didn't let me down.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Hi Richard,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for letting us know that you enjoyed your choice! We appreciate the nice comments and look forward to serving you again! The next time you stay with us as about our discounted breakfast that can be added to your rate at check in! Till next time, take care.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel quite a bit over the last 5+ years...It's convenient, rooms are clean, cool, and always comfortable. We love the cooks and waitresses as well as the people who work the front desk. They are fun to talk to and always want to make your stay comfortable and relaxing! We always get the breakfast coupon and think it's a good deal....We enjoy the omelets and fruit the most! Their dinner menus are comparable to nice restaurants and their chef really knows how to cook everything to perfection! Prices are comparable to eating out at a nice restaurant without having to leave the hotel, drive somewhere, etc. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and thought it was about the same price or lower comparable going out to ea-we'll do it again next time we're there! If you're ever in Temple, check them out....We visit family and friends and ALWAYS stay here! Try it...You will be pleased!

Room Tip: Facing south gives you the best views...Mall, restaurants, 'hospital', ,movie theater, and d...
Hello LPR19,

Loved reading your review and hearing about how much you enjoy the hotel and most importantly our staff! I am so fortunate to have a staff that sincerely wants to serve. I look forward to sharing this wonderful review with the staff! Until your next visit, take care.
Seabrook, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very nice hotel. I wanted to stay at a Hilton establishment and this was the closest one to our family. It lived up to the Hilton name. The rooms were nice and plenty of room. We stayed in an executive suite and this would be what I would recommend if you would like a little extra room. Breakfast was a little pricy so we decided to go elsewhere but smelled really good. The hotel had all the things that you would need from a hotel and was close by all the local restaurants.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite for the extra room
Hello Mary,

Thank you for choosing HGI Temple and for taking a minute to write this review. We are proud to be a part of a wonderful brand and appreciate our sister hotel treating you well during your stay with them. We do believe we have a great brand and love to hear it from our guests.
League City, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

It's a shame you can't leave your room & expect your belongings to be there when you return. And if you forget an item when you check out that that item will not be turned in to be reclaimed! Other than that, rooms were clean, food was great, service staff friendly & helpful, hotel easy to locate, all the good stuff! Just that Housekeeping is not vetting its staff as it should. I hope Housekeeping will immediately fire the person who took her children's clothing items (daughter was with us for a family reunion & we had secured a block of rooms for family from Alabama, California, Louisiana, & Texas).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Marilyn J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Don,

I want you to know while some of this review is disappointing to read I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To answer your concern regarding your belongings, we conduct a background check on every candidate before they become a member of our team. I understand that Neel, our PM Operations Manager has handled your concerns during my absence and I appreciate his sense of urgency. While this kind of situation is unusual for our property please know that we are taking this matter very seriously and are conducting our own investigation as our guests safety and security is our top priority. We appreciate your business and hope that we can restore your confidence in us. I would normally insist on a full refund and offer to reimburse for the clothing however I believe Neel has already taken care of this for you. I look forward to following up with you personally.
Garland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel is nicely appointed and clean. The proximity to Scott and White hospital was the reason for the stay and it was perfect. The staff was helpful. I would stay again if I was in the area. I stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn in Wichita, KS several months ago and I also had a excellent experience so I would stay at Garden Inns if the price and location were good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your review and your kind words regarding the hotel and staff. We appreciate your loyalty to the brand!
Odessa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Everyone at this hotel went out of their way to make our stay the best. Personable and helpful manager and staff. Great location for access to Scott & White Clinic and hospital. This is a well-run hotel and a plus for Hilton Hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Hi Jacqueline,

Thank for your commenting about the good customer service as this is so very important to us! Appreciate your comments as well regarding the dated decor, I am happy to share that we are planning a rooms renovation to begin later this year! I do hope you will come and visit us and see the beautiful changes. I have shared your comment about the hallways needing to be vacuumed with the Housekeeping Department Head as well. Regarding assistance with your bags, while we do not have dedicated staff for this service please ask for assistance next time. I am confident whomever you ask will gladly help you.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Temple? Share your experiences!