“THE place to stay in Temple.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Temple
“THE place to stay in Temple.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

When I first had business in Temple, I tried some of the other hotels. They were OK but the Hilton Garden Inn has it all. The hotel has a homey but upscale feel and is kept pretty clean for a busy place. The service is awesome with everyone, from the general manager to the front desk and room staff, checking to make sure everything is going well. The night manager runs the busy restaurant very well in the evening, even when it was buzzing the night I was there. They had live music playing the last night I was there. It wasn't loud & obnoxious or sleepy but just right. The food at the hotel is pretty good for a chain hotel. The bar area is a little small and crowded but overall, this THE place to stay in Temple.

• Stayed May 2013
Marilyn J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hello Bushi7,

We appreciate your wonderful comments from the staff to the Live Music in the Grill! As you can tell we work very hard to accommodate our guests needs as well as make them feel at home. I am very proud of our staff and their desire and ability to make this happen. Happy to hear that we made you feel at home. We are currently working on improving our Grill menu as our goal is not pretty good rather amazing! Please share any favorites that you would like to see on the menu. We hope to see you soon! Take care,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tuscola, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel and staff were awesome! They were helpful and friendly and went out of their way to make our stay a great one. The only thing I would not recommend about this hotel is their restaurant. They were too busy serving alcohol, and I finally went to the kitchen area to place an order. Because of a severe storm, our TV went out. It was fixed immediately. The beds were out of this world! It was quiet and very clean! We would definitely stay here again. My mom had a battery of tests scheduled at Scott and White and staying at this hotel was so convenient to the hospital. Because of her hospital visit, they gave us a discounted rate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Marilyn J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hello MelanieB,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our staff and hotel. I am very pleased to hear that the staff was awesome, helpful and friendly! I am disapointed to hear that we failed you due to the lack of attentiveness on behalf of the restaurant staff. We have addressed the service in the restaurant and will be putting actions in place that will ensure we are attentive to all of our guests. We look forward to seving you again very soon.
Houston, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel was nice, clean but over priced. Have stayed in hotels as nice but not nearly as expensive. A discount was given for an employee of Scott & White hospital but the amt was 130.00. Next time will find another hotel in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Marilyn J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Doris B,

I appreciate your candor regarding our pricing and appreciate the opportunity to reply via TripAdvisor. While there are less expensive hotels in the area we feel that the quality, location and amenities that we offer affords us the ability to be competitively priced in our area. We are the only full service hotel in Temple offering complimentary WiFi, Indoor Pool & Jacuzzi as well as a restaurant serving a Full, Hot, "Cooked to Order" "All you can eat" Breakfast Buffet, Lunch, Dinner and Evening Room Service. Over 7000 Square feet of banquet space and a full in-house catering service. Complimentary shuttle service to Scott and White Healthcare and most of all a friendly, well trained and welcoming staff of 50 employees ready to take care of your needs. I hope we do get the opportunity to take care of you again.
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The place to stay If you are traveling to S&W Clinics/Hospital. Be sure to let them know. Hotel sits just across the street from their medical campus and has shuttle service.

Hotel has a nice restaurant and is near to other major food choices as well as the Temple mall.

Room Tip: Front or back all are nice and comfortable and quite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Venture Texas,
I appreciate you choosing HGI Temple during your recent travel to Temple as well as your nice comments regarding the hotel. We look forward to the next time!
Newton, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business for a whole week & I couldn't have asked for a better staff & the rooms were wonderful! This place is a must stay if in the area!! I have stayed at different places on business travel and I love going to any Hilton's or affiliates!

• Stayed April 2013
Hello Jhaddaka L,
Thank you for your recent stay as well as sharing your wonderful comments about the hotel! I love the affirmation that we are getting it right!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've used this Hilton for years and have never been disappointed. Because it is so close to the hospital it has always been my first choice but now it will be my only choice...they went over and above on my last stay. I had a last minute medical procedure that required an overnight stay. All the area hotels were booked due to a racing event in town and the only reservation I could get was at a less than desirable hotel. I called the Hilton back and explained my dilemma and my desire to stay there. They shared the names of other reputable hotels in the area but they went one step further...they took my name in case of a cancellation and luckily one came up that very night. That very action made me a customer for a lifetime! Thank you for caring!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hello C_Crist,
It was a pleasure reading your review and even more so learning how our staff took your concern and made it theirs! This is our goal each and every day and it feels great when we succeed. I am so excited to share your comments with the staff and commending them for a job well done! Until the your next take care,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We stay here a lot, but there's always something that could be better.

Price was higher than in the past.
We were on the first floor and it was very load.
Housekeeping woke is up before 9:00 (checkout is at noon)

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Larry,
I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and want to work towards 100% satisfaction each and every time. Due to your comment regarding your multiple stays I would appreciate a little of your time during your next stay in hopes of finding out how we can work towards exceeding your expectations for all of your futures stays. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Temple? Share your experiences!