“Pleasant Stay for Visit to Scott & White” 4 of 5 stars

Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Temple
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Pleasant Stay for Visit to Scott & White”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here while visiting Scott & White near the end of September. The hotel is directly across the street from the hospital, and it was convenient enough to walk there from the hotel. The room was comfortable and acceptably clean. The bed, too, was comfortable and although it was a 'Sleep Number' system, we did not bother adjusting it. The staff was helpful and friendly, and I received a free bottle of water for signing up for the Hilton Rewards program. Negatives were minor...First: the room could have been slightly cleaner, with a few spots missed by the cleaning crew. Second: the in-house restaurant seemed to be a poor value during our stay. It definitely was convenient, but the food was overpriced and rather tasteless. We were also short-changed a little by the waitstaff - less than a dollar, but surprising. I would definitely stay here again, but would avoid the restaurant if possible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Marilyn J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hello FireW00d,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Temple. We appreciate the time and effort that you put into the review and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that we did not live up to our standards in the restaurant area and cleanliness of the hotel room. I will be addressing these concerns with the Department Heads and you can feel confident that we will do better in the future. We hope that you choose to stay with us upon your return to Temple so we can prove it to you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton Garden inn on the evening before my residency interview at Scott &White. The hotel is located across the street from S&W, which is quite convenient. The Residency program payed for my room.

The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, nice TV, and the bathrooms had an ample supply of towels. The staff at the hotel were curtious and welcoming. Overall an excellent stay.

My only issue with this hotel was that breakfast was not complimentary. But it was a great place to stay, and I enjoyed my visit.

• Stayed October 2012
Hello AR_Texas! Thank you for posting this nice message about our hotel and staff. We are fortunate to have a talented team that understands Hopitality and we truly look forward to taking care of our guests. We hope to see you in the near future!
Germantown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was one of my best hotel experiences in the past few year. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Everything in my room and the rest of the hotel facilities worked properly and was clean. The WiFi was free and speed and bandwidth were reasonable. The real gem was the restaurant. The restaurant and a small bar are in the lobby of the hotel. They served tasty food and had reasonable variety and choices. OK so the menu was not extensive but what they did serve was properly prepared and tasted good. More importantly the restaurant was not a dark cave where I have to use a flashlight just to be able to read the menu. The hotel did everything right even thought it was not a full service hotel - I prefer having room service; however, lack of room service is a small price to pay for a great stay. Yes I would and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi Anthony C,

What a wonderful review of our hotel and staff, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our lovely hotel. While I am extremely happy with most of your review however am disappointed that we failed to share with you that we do offer room service. We are adressing this issue has we recently rolled out a new menu and have not updated our In Room Menus. We look forward to your next stay and hope you take advantage of our room service!
Athol, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I were visting family Oct 10th through Oct 15, 2012. We couldn't have chosen a better hotel! From the time we checked in we thought the hotel staff was "family" also. From "Hello, Welcome to the Hilton Garden Inn" to "So what will you be having for breakfast?" to "Looking forward to seeing you in the future"....EVERYONE was outstanding. Managers of all levels stopped to asked how things were throughout our stay. "OUTSTANDING"! The rooms were very clean and spacious and grounds well maintained. We can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Marilyn J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Temple, we understand you have choices and are happy you chose us. You have filled our hearts with joy referring to us as "family". We all enjoy our work and when we receive feedback like this we know it shows! I am fortunate to have such a wonderful team of managers and staff and look forward to sharing your feedback with them. Until your next visit take care and Happy Travels!
Wharton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife, daughter, son-in-law, and 2 1/2 year old grandaughter stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Temple, Texas, last night, October 13, 2012. Our stay was super. From the reception desk to the custodial staff to the restaurant staff, everyone was friendly, helpful, and professional. The hotel is very well maintained and our rooms were spotless. The breakfast in the restaurant was very good. We were attending a Baylor University football game in Waco and decided to stay 35 miles away in Temple. It was an excellent choice! We will return for another stay.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 302 and 303. They were very quiet and we were away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to express your feedback. We appreciate your comments regarding our friendly, helpful and professional staff. We all work really hard for these types of comments and feel "a job well done" upon receipt! On behalf of my staff as well as myself we look forward to serving you in the future.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed three nights at this hotel back in the beginning of August 2012. The hotel is clean overall. They have a great fitness center with free access to a local gym (see the poster on the wall in the fitness center). The pool was half indoor and half outdoor, although I never went in personally; only saw it through the fitness center. The hotel room was very luxurious with a microwave and mini-fridge. They have their own private label "sleep number" mattresses, which was a little tricky to adjust. When we stayed there, and asked for additional coffee for in-room brewing, they said they didn't have any, so we were unable to brew coffee in our room for the three nights. The restaurant is a full service menu and is not free with the room rate. However, they have free appetizers (the one they prepare that day) with the happy hour. (Only on certain days; see poster at the restaurant entrance.) This hotel is accessible to major shopping centers, restaurants, hospitals and highways. Parking is safe and well lit during the night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Eyal K, COO - Scott and White Properties, Inc. at Hilton Garden Inn Temple, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear leoperales,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the considerable - positive feedback provided. We appreciate it! It is clear that you enjoyed your stay however please do accept my apologies for the poor response to your request for additional in room coffee. You can be sure that this was discussed with management at the property and you can expect improvement. As you are correct in stating that the Guest Sleep System can be a bit tricky to adjust, we take your comments to heart and will do better at explaining this to our guests as well.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed one night at this property for business. I was impressed by the exterior of the facility, the cleanliness of the room, and the professionalism of the staff. The hotel is a standard HGI with standard amenities, and it’s close to various shopping and dining options. I selected this property based on the reviews of others and the proximity to the location of my business meeting. Overall, the property is very nice, but I had an unfortunate experience during my single night stay. Upon arrival, I was made aware that the carpets in the guest rooms were being cleaned. I checked in and went to my room to find the rug damp, as expected. What I didn’t expect was that the air conditioning would not reach temperature the entire night. Throughout the night, the air conditioning unit ran but the room just did not get cool. On top of that, the humidity level was off the charts. That might have been due to the wet carpet or the malfunctioning air conditioner, but in the end, I had a bad night. In the morning, the carpet remained damp and the humidity level only got worse as I went about preparing for the day – showering, etc. In addition, the beds in this HGI are those that can be adjusted to meet your preferred level of comfort. After much adjustment, I found the bed non-responsive and relatively uncomfortable. At checkout I let the staff know about the issues in the room, but the damage was done. Not a good night at the HGI in Temple, TX.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Coach5000,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your comments shared. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues encountered due to the carpet cleaning which took place during your stay with us. In addition to using your comments to better plan our special projects, know that the Chief Engineer has been made aware of the Air-Conditioning and Adjustable Bed concerns raised. We can do better!

Your comfort and safety are paramount, as is a great nights sleep. While I was unable to determine whether the Front Desk provided an allowance for your inconveniences, I would like to regain your confidence in our property. Please contact me directly at 254-899-3901 or you may contact the General Manager - Marilyn Janes at 254-899-3904. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Temple? Share your experiences!