“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

1100 N. General Bruce Drive, Temple, TX 76504   |
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Temple
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We spent one night here, and arrived about 8:00pm. The motel clerk was very nice. The room was basic, small and clean. It was a very good value for the low price.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rolla, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

This location has carpet and the shower felt a little like a space capsule. Overall it felt safe and in good repair. Noise was minimal.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Oswego Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

I was pleasantly pleased about how great the Motel 6 in Temple Texas was. The staff was all very friendly and all seemed willing to go the extra mile. Even tho the room was very basic and small and there was no tub just a shower everything was very clean and nice. It was a very nice and quiet stay. I would really recommend this and the price was excellant.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

Temple is the home of several world class medical facilities. My husband,a Vietnam vet who is ill and in pain, had been having tests at the VA hospital. He called and told me he would need to spend the night in Temple and to please make a reservation at the Motel 6. I did. I had the credit card in my possession. The polite young man at the reservations desk took my information and said my husband would have no problem staying there. I gave him all the credit card info over the phone. When my husband, extremely tired and in even more pain, tried to register, he was turned away because he did not have the credit card in his possession. Ruth, the woman at the reservation desk who I talked to, was rude and told me I was making a mountain out of a molehill. He went to the motel next door, I talked to the clerk, and we had absolutely no problem in getting him a room.

What has happened to "We'll leave the light on for you?" Never again will I stay in a Motel 6. After all the stress of his illness, this was not something we needed. I guess you really do get (or don't get ) what you pay for.

• Liked — Since I was not given the correct information, my husband was not allowed to stay here.
  • Disliked — The reservation staff gave me erroneous information and then one woman, Ruth, was rude.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Temple - South? Share your experiences!