“Good window food to go.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #88 of 137 Restaurants in Temple
Cuisines: American
“Good window food to go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If driving through or starting a trip, I like to have great window food to go that keeps me company. Taco Cabana has wonderful fast, easy to eat food.

Visited August 2013

Zanesville, Ohio
“lazy, clueless staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stopped in on a business trip and after being on the road for a couple hours, thought Mexican sounded good, We have never been to a Taco Cabana. Upon walking in we were not greeted, we looked around and figured we needed to order at the counter first. Someone finally came up and just looked at us, no Hi can I help you or anyting! After saying we had never been here before, and we needed to look at the menu............he walked away and stood about 5 steps back, didn't even offer any items! We ordered which was confusing because he acted like we were not orering from the menu above his head!!! We had to tell him what was on the board. We got our cups and number and tried to find a table. Now they have 25 table at least..............they WERE ALL DIRTY!!! We found one to set our cups on and I asked for a towel to wipe off my table, to be told someone was coming out. This same guy comes out and starts wiping down the first table he sees...........I kindly redirected him to our table and said WOW, you guys must have gotten slammed, he replied no, we just do not have a dining room person............So the 3 families that were in the lobby eating and with no one in line, your telling me the 8 staff members could not come out and clean.
Everything needs wiped down, I was half afraid to get slasa off the bar. I actually think the regualar salsa was bad as it bubbled when stirred. The food that was served was actually not bad tasting if you can get past all the other stuff. I loved the flour toritillas, other than that you would be just as happy at Chipotle or even Taco Bell !!
RUN RUN Run................Taco Bell is around the corner and Chipotle!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Killeen, Texas
“Excellent food at an affordable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We visited Taco Cabana on our trip 2 years ago and we loved it. We came back twice on our vacations this year. The food was excellent. The taste is good and the portions are big. We ordered shrimp tacos, tacos, skillet fajitas, and flautas. The flautas we're crispy and tasty. The shrimp tacos were excellent. The fajitas were delicious and plenty to share . The refried beans were good but not the best I have eaten at a restaurant.The portion of beans is enough for four people. Something that needs improvement is the area where they have the different sauces. It was messy and needed some cleaning. The tables were sticky and there was food on the floor. I will definitely come back and I will recommend this restaurant. I will recommend the manager to have an employee checking the cleanliness of the restaurant. The staff at the cash register need to be friendlier and be patient with the customers when they have questions. They need to remember that we do not work there to know what is in every dish. Train the staff and keep the dining room cleaner and you will be an excellent restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Temple, Texas, United States
“T.V Dinners are way better!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Dined here and hated the TV Dinner they served my husband and I. My husband asked the cashier for a chalupa, and she said they did have these then they come to the table with a tostada! Don't think they know what a chalupa was lol. If I want a TV dinner....I'll go to the grocery store instead.

Visited May 2013
Temple, Texas
“Used to be great!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I used to visit quite frequently as we enjoy the warm weather and sitting outside while eating dinner. the last manager left around the first of April and the place fell apart! Broken margarita machine, not enough employees, 2 hour wait for food (we ended up leaving), dirty tables, on and on...sad really, used to enjoy the prompt, friendly service and consistently decent food...not any more.

Visited May 2013