“Nice Room on Highway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Temple
Spring, Texas
“Nice Room on Highway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The room was large with 2 comfortable queen beds, plenty of space to spread out, even with 4 of us. Bath had lots of hot water. Work out room small, but nice machines. Breakfast was well stocked with juices, coffee, milk and a variety of muffins, etc. as well as cereals, oatmeal, toast as well as delicious hot waffles you make fresh and good variety of fresh fruits. The staff was very nice and checking in and out extremely easy and quick. Plenty of parking. There were a number of restaurants, a mall and many other attractions close by. Would definitely recommend and stay again as the price was right and it was quiet and well maintained.

Room Tip: Parking entry best for rooms on ends and middle.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bnbhigh, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Temple Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing Best Western for an overnight stay in Temple, TX. We are glad that you liked our accommodation. We work hard to make sure our guests are happy upon departure by providing nice, clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price.

Again, thanks you for taking time to spread good words for us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Clean rooms and nice staff- Hotel is nothing fancy but a pretty good breakfast for free. Good value if you are passing thru and need a good place to sleep for the night. I hate to pay high rates and only spend 8 hours at the hotel, They are updating rooms so some rooms have new paint/carpet.

Room Tip: A little road noise but not bad. Maybe something in the back part
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and modern. There was a fridge and microwave in the room. Continental breakfast was set up in front of the lobby. They offered hot food and cereals, fruit and yogurt. The make-it-yourself waffles were very tasty. We also got an AARP discount. Very reasonable rates. Lots of parking. Free WiFi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
bnbhigh, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Temple Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment about our hotel while you were in Texas. I am glad that you enjoyed an overnight stay.
Cookville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here a month on a TxDot job, the room was very large with all the bells and whistles. Micro wave mini fridge. nice showers with plenty of hot water and pressure. lots of eating place withing a mile.. Texas Road House in the same parking lot... The only draw back was no fitted sheet on the bed justa flat sheet tucked under and it drove me crazy. ..So I justwent to wal mart and bought my own. and when i went home on friday and returned on sunday nights they had washed it and put it back on for me... The owner is very nice seen him every morning and he greeted with a smile.. I have several more jobs here in the future and will be coming back..

Room Tip: One end of the motel faces I35 you might want a room on the other end if you sleep lite... I didnt...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

This I a pretty nice room for the price. It is located right off I-35 which is convenient. It's true, there is not an elevator, not an escalator, not even a dumbwaitor. Just old fashioned stairs, which is fine by me. There is only about 20 or so stairs so no big deal. The rooms themselves have a little date to them but they are still pretty large. There Is even a microwave, rather large mini fridge (to keep all the leftovers from Texas Roadhouse which is right next door) and like I mentioned before, a large king bed and a pretty huge flat screen tv with full cable. The breakfast buffet has all of the usual suspects: coffee, oj, cereals, pastries, fruit, waffles. All in all, if I were to return to Temple, I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Karaikudi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

'I enjoyed this resort only for one night (my flight was cancelled). This Best Western hotel is definitively a part and I loved the concept of Cambodian villas on piles. Next time I know where I should stay. Good surprise !'
Brian

Room Tip: Next time I know where I should stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I spent one night at the Best Western in Temple, TX while on business. Upon my arrival I was greeted by a not so friendly woman at the front desk. My appearance at the counter might have taken her away from just sitting there. The phone rang when I was at the counter and the front desk lady answered and was quite short with the hotel guest who simple inquired about breakfast. When she hung up the phone the front desk lady rolled her eyes suggesting it was a stupid question and it was not worth bothering her. The room was average, but certainly on the dated side. The hotel is located next to a Texas Roadhouse, which is quite convenient. The breakfast was significantly below average compared to any continental breakfast I've had in a long time or perhaps in memory. A different woman checked me out and to this day I can still hear the sound of her chewing and popping the gum in her mouth. The hotel is one of many off the Interstate, so the next time I need to stay in Temple I will give another property a try - unless I need to accrue BW points.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Temple Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!