“Good home style food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good home style food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The burgers are really good, and the onion rings are outstanding. The chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken, and catfish are also good. Prices are reasonable, and it's a great family place--relaxed and very casual. Sometimes they have great beef stew as a special. Nothing fancy--just good food.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My family and I come to Oscar Store at least once a month if not more often. It is our Friday evening treat! The cheeseburgers are delicious. They taste like an old fashion burger with a fresh meat patty, gobs of cheese, fresh veggies, and a side of fresh cut fries or onion rings. It's a messy, yummy, addictive meal. Now you can put hot cheese on your burger and it's hot enough to make your eyebrows go up in pleasant surprise. Don't forget the cold beer either. Nice place, nice people, and excellent food.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eddy, Texas
“GREAT FOOD, FUN AND MUSIC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

The chicken strips and hamburgers were delicious. The onion rings were homemade, crispy and great. We loved the open patio and live music. The Sul Ross Band was playing and we loved it. It was a wonderful atmosphere with families. We really enjoyed the Texas country music, the band was very entertaining. We hope to go again and hope they are playing.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Temple, Texas
“not as good this time...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

we arrived about 4:30 on the 6th for a birthday celebration.Seven of my family. Everyone loved the different items they ordered. I ordered grilled catfish and home fries also fried okra. The home fries were greasey, cold and very salty. My brother and I could not eat them.I never received my okra. The fish had too much salt and not enough seasoning. We have always enjoyed coming there and the only thing I could say is that who ever was cooking needs a few more lessons. I will return, but I felt you needed to be aware of this.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Slightly disappointed after reading the great reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I was traveling through Temple Texas and used my Trip Advisor App to find somewhere good to eat. This place looked great based on reviews, people go out of their way to eat here and it's not a chain, looked like a local gem that I wanted to try. We arrived after 1pm on a Sunday afternoon and the place was packed. Good sign I figured. This place was a rustic barn type building with a large outdoor space for live music shows. It only took a couple of minutes to be seated because the after church crowd seemed to be clearing out. I tried the catfish dinner with sides of onion rings and okra. My husband had the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and brocolli and cheese casserole. My catfish was not well cooked or seasoned. I added salt which helped but the ends were overcooked and too hard to eat while the middle part made me question whether is was fully cooked or not. It was served with packages of tartar sauce. I'm not sure why they couldn't make it there on site and serve it with some hush puppies like most places. The okra seemed like normal frozen fair that was deep fried and the onion rings were good. My husband really enjoyed his entire meal, he said the potatoes tasted homemade and the rolls which he let me try were really good. Also that brocolli cheese casserole reminded me of the kind Mom used to make, delish, I wish I would have ordered what HE had! The service was good and friendly, the bathrooms where clean but the towel machine didn't work. Overall it was a good experience but not sure it was worth going out of our way for. The server was friendly and attentive.

• Visited February 2012