“I would not recommend it to my enemy” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Temple
“I would not recommend it to my enemy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place is horrible. The lobby was smelling like food. It smells like the owners were cooking behind the front desk. No A/C in lobby.
Construction everywhere.
Room was horrible with dirty carpet, dirty bed, hair in the sink (different types of hair) and a hole in the curtains.
I had to go to Ross to by a sheet, blanket, pillow and my own blanket.
I had to get a room there because most decent hotels' rooms in Temple were sold out. The city and area had a seminars and graduations.
Breakfast area is stinky and horrible. Breakfast is cereal and coffee.
I will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Misha P, Manager at Days Inn Temple, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I'm sorry for your experience, during this time we are effected by the I-35 expansion. Our lobby and pool went into the right of way for the new freeway, so we are in a temporary set up while we rebuild these facilities. In the future please do not hesitate, to bring up any concerns you may have during your stay to our staff, we are here to help. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Lubbock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Bad - I wasn't told the hotel was under construction, so there was no pool. The 3rd party service that reserved the room for me, booked 2 rooms instead of 1. Once I got there, it was a bit of a struggle to get the 2nd room taken off. One room was charged at a higher rate than the other, even though it was the same kind of room. Of course they charged me the higher rate. Not a very welcoming selection for breakfast.

The Good - Once the manager approved, the room situation was fixed quickly. The room was pleasantly clean. Beds were comfy. Hotel is located in a great spot that was easy to access the places I needed to go. I think once renovations are done, the place will be awesome!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Misha P, Manager at Days Inn Temple, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your review Jessica, I do apologize for the limited breakfast, once we have our new lobby built we will have the space to expand for a larger selection. Please do come back and see us again, and enjoy the new pool and grill area, coming soon!
Lake Jackson, Texas, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel itself and staff were wonderful. We were disappointed with the Continental Breakfast - not much there. My issue was the Freeway Noise that kept me awake all night! And we were told they are expanding the freeway. I don't know what the plans are for this hotel as the state has already taken their lobby & pool area in for the expansion, but if you are going to build another hotel in its place build it away from the freeway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Misha P, General Manager at Days Inn Temple, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Unfortunately our location is not something we can change, though we will be rebuilding and remodeling much of the property in the course of this year! Included will be our lobby, which currently is a temporary set up, lacking in the space we require to put out a full breakfast and I do apologize for that. We will remedy this situation soon and hope you may return to see our new and improved set up!

Happy Travels,
Misha- Manager
Buffalo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Place in Temple Texas, it was a bit run down, room was clean, charged extra for my dog, but don't think he could have hurt the carpet, needs replacing. Lady at desk in evening, not very friendly, but had a hard time with the English with her, so lack of communication could have been on both ends. Breakfast not worth bothering with. Beds were quite comfortable though,room smelled musty. Stayed here on way to Padre Island, but on the way home from Island we decided we didn't want to stay there again. Place just needs a lot of remodeling, not just the parking lot which they are trying to do for truckers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment, at the moment our exterior does not look its very best due to the coming expansion of I35. The empty dirt lot is not meant for parking, but where our lobby and pool use to be, which have been taken over and demolished by TXDot. The building of a new lobby, breakfast area, and pool is set to begin shortly, until it's completion we are operating out of a temporary set up which I am sorry to say has space for a limited breakfast. You will be happy to hear, we will also be updating all of our amenities and features in our rooms during this time, including the carpets! Thank you for your review, and we hope you may give us another chance in the future.

Best,
Misha - Manager

Been to Days Inn Temple? Share your experiences!