“Good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stay Express Inn and Suites

Save Saved
You added Stay Express Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Stay Express Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   703 Southwest Georgia Ave, Sweetwater, TX 79556 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 8 hotels in Sweetwater
Clearwater, Florida
“Good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed here on our way to New Mexico and thought this hotel was good value for the money. Our room was a good size, clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable and we were pleased with the amenities, including a large fridge and microwave The staff was helpful and friendly. Definitely would stay here again and can recommend to anyone looking for a good budget hotel in Sweetwater.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Santee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

checked into a clean and well amenities room for the price. Very comfortable bed, nice hot shower, breakfast was good, have paid three times as much for less service. Found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. Will stay here again, every time I'm through this area. I have read the previous comments, and understand there has been a staff change, and if it's any indication, it looks like this hotel is well on it's way up!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel don't have freeway noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was one of the filfiest hotel we ever stayed in.
The price at $65 was not cheap so we expected at least decent hotel.
The room was so unclean that I slept in my clothes and didn't dare taking a shower.
Sheets had blood stain and black marks - carpet was dirty and dusty ( not sure last time they vaccumed it) - sink faucet had watermarks and brown gooy stuff around it ( usually happens after many days of no cleaning) - shower curtains were moldy - tub wasn;t cleaned.....and then breakfast: no better: poor quality, milk out in the warm room for hours, etc. We mentioned our horrible experience and they didn;t care.....they reacted more like it was no surprise to them and more of a daily comments.
STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Upon arriving at the suppose to be newly remodled Stay Express I was shocked, the first room i was put in was 168 after pulling the curtains closed a spider fell down on the table I looked and there were eegs in spider webs very very thick over the curtains and on the walls. Floors were very dirty so I called the front desk and asked if I could have another room I was told yes so I had to load my belongings back up and go to the office where I was given a key to room 216 well no spider webs but floors were not that clean i was tired and just wanted to relax I called the front desk and told her (Tammy) that the new room had fritoes and trash between the bed and night stand and under the TV stand she said i will tell the house keeper in the morning. At 4.00 am I was woken to people running down in front of the rooms yelling laughing and horse playing this continued until 6 i called the front desk and she said yeah there is a wedding going on we have already had to move them people from the other side bc they were distribing the other customers to. Instead of making them calm down she move the wedding people closer to my room. I go back to sleep and was woken at 10 by housekeeping banging on my door I didn't answer it so they came on in and then yelled I am sorry. Check out is not until 12 not sure what they wanted. I got up got dressed and went to the office to talk to a manager. I have worked for a hotel chain before and know that there is always a manager on duty they are not going to let the front desk clerk run the place that is standard in any hotel. I was told that the manager was not in and wouldn't be all day. I got his name and this lady walks out from a door and the front desk clerk says remember the lady that complained about those rooms last night this is her (real rude). well come to find out this was the HEAD HOUSEKEEPER she said the room 168 I have some one in it and I went and asked them this morning if everything was ok and they said yes the room was clean I said either they were real sleepy or just didn't see the spider webs and filth. She said lets go to the other room you are complaining about so we went to room 216 where she walked in and starting striping the bed I said do you see the trash between the bed and the night stand and she said how do I know that you didn't put that there. she was rude I got my belongings and left. I finally get ahold of the manager that night and let him know what happened he said I need to talk to all of them and I will call you back tomorrow well tomorrow has not came yet. Everyone there was very unprofessional from the manager on down so I guess thats how they trained them. All I can say is please do not waste your time or money in this place it was very nasty.

Room Tip: no such thing
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

Wasn't clean at all had first room there wasn't anything in there that was clean...changed rooms and the second room was even worse then the first.. We stayed there 2 times thought we would give it one more try... Not again I think sleeping in my car probly would of been better..

• Stayed December 2011
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Stay Express July 2011.The room we had was $71, AARP rate.What a mistake not to have stayed at Best Western and "save" $20.This is a $39 truck stop hotel folks.The carpet...dirty....the bathroom baseboard pulled away from the wall, the tub was stained.I wanted a relaxing bath after traveling all day, so I Lysoled the tub.Well...the faucet was pulled from the wall and the drain was backed up,Forgot about wanting a bath real quick.ugh.I have better towels that I clean my car with.And the WiFi?After talking to the front desk, it appeared to work...but nope....so sllllllooooooowwww......we gave up. Have to give 1 star or would not give any.Should be Stay AWAY.Did not go to their "breakfast"...just got up and left ASAP.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

My sisters and I were traveling to Lorena Texas and stopped at this Days Inn on June 5th for the night. Our room number was 248. Upon entering the room it was apparent the carpet had been down for years or someone failed to put carpet pad under the carpet. The bath tub was discusting. We had to put bath matts in the tub the next morning to take a shower and found that the cold water did not work. We asked for a key to another room to shower in so we could be on our way and they gave us a key to room 247. The hote water did not work in room 247 and the toilet had to seat on it. Housekeeping had to come and turn the cold water form outside our room 248 so we could take a shower. Once we were done we had to let them know to go turn the cold water off. I have stayed at a Days Inn previously in Kentucky and it was wonderful. This one was one of the worst experiences I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Stay Express Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!