“Terrible is a very BAD UNDERSTATEMENT” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Stay Express Inn & Suites

You added Stay Express Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Stay Express Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   703 Southwest Georgia Ave, Sweetwater, TX 79556 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sweetwater
texas
“Terrible is a very BAD UNDERSTATEMENT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Upon arriving at the suppose to be newly remodled Stay Express I was shocked, the first room i was put in was 168 after pulling the curtains closed a spider fell down on the table I looked and there were eegs in spider webs very very thick over the curtains and on the walls. Floors were very dirty so I called the front desk and asked if I could have another room I was told yes so I had to load my belongings back up and go to the office where I was given a key to room 216 well no spider webs but floors were not that clean i was tired and just wanted to relax I called the front desk and told her (Tammy) that the new room had fritoes and trash between the bed and night stand and under the TV stand she said i will tell the house keeper in the morning. At 4.00 am I was woken to people running down in front of the rooms yelling laughing and horse playing this continued until 6 i called the front desk and she said yeah there is a wedding going on we have already had to move them people from the other side bc they were distribing the other customers to. Instead of making them calm down she move the wedding people closer to my room. I go back to sleep and was woken at 10 by housekeeping banging on my door I didn't answer it so they came on in and then yelled I am sorry. Check out is not until 12 not sure what they wanted. I got up got dressed and went to the office to talk to a manager. I have worked for a hotel chain before and know that there is always a manager on duty they are not going to let the front desk clerk run the place that is standard in any hotel. I was told that the manager was not in and wouldn't be all day. I got his name and this lady walks out from a door and the front desk clerk says remember the lady that complained about those rooms last night this is her (real rude). well come to find out this was the HEAD HOUSEKEEPER she said the room 168 I have some one in it and I went and asked them this morning if everything was ok and they said yes the room was clean I said either they were real sleepy or just didn't see the spider webs and filth. She said lets go to the other room you are complaining about so we went to room 216 where she walked in and starting striping the bed I said do you see the trash between the bed and the night stand and she said how do I know that you didn't put that there. she was rude I got my belongings and left. I finally get ahold of the manager that night and let him know what happened he said I need to talk to all of them and I will call you back tomorrow well tomorrow has not came yet. Everyone there was very unprofessional from the manager on down so I guess thats how they trained them. All I can say is please do not waste your time or money in this place it was very nasty.

Room Tip: no such thing
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012 via mobile

Wasn't clean at all had first room there wasn't anything in there that was clean...changed rooms and the second room was even worse then the first.. We stayed there 2 times thought we would give it one more try... Not again I think sleeping in my car probly would of been better..

• Stayed December 2011

Travelers are raving about these Sweetwater hotels

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Stay Express July 2011.The room we had was $71, AARP rate.What a mistake not to have stayed at Best Western and "save" $20.This is a $39 truck stop hotel folks.The carpet...dirty....the bathroom baseboard pulled away from the wall, the tub was stained.I wanted a relaxing bath after traveling all day, so I Lysoled the tub.Well...the faucet was pulled from the wall and the drain was backed up,Forgot about wanting a bath real quick.ugh.I have better towels that I clean my car with.And the WiFi?After talking to the front desk, it appeared to work...but nope....so sllllllooooooowwww......we gave up. Have to give 1 star or would not give any.Should be Stay AWAY.Did not go to their "breakfast"...just got up and left ASAP.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

My sisters and I were traveling to Lorena Texas and stopped at this Days Inn on June 5th for the night. Our room number was 248. Upon entering the room it was apparent the carpet had been down for years or someone failed to put carpet pad under the carpet. The bath tub was discusting. We had to put bath matts in the tub the next morning to take a shower and found that the cold water did not work. We asked for a key to another room to shower in so we could be on our way and they gave us a key to room 247. The hote water did not work in room 247 and the toilet had to seat on it. Housekeeping had to come and turn the cold water form outside our room 248 so we could take a shower. Once we were done we had to let them know to go turn the cold water off. I have stayed at a Days Inn previously in Kentucky and it was wonderful. This one was one of the worst experiences I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

We stayed at days inn as we were passing through with our small dog on our way to Florida, we stayed in room 115 which was very clean, had a nice place to walk our dog, mcdonald's was right next door, not far to walk if you were hungry, free breakfast the next morning, they even called in our room to see if everything was alright, micrwave and frig in room, we liked it so much that we stayed again when coming back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

We arrived in Sweetwater on Sunday, March 22, 2009 and checked in at Days Inn. We were assigned to room 114. I had always heard that Days Inn was a great chain but my findings proved to be just the opposite. Looking around the base of the walls it appeared that there had been flooding as the walls were water stained. The cove base in the bath was all but falling off the walls and the ceiling had mold probably from a leak in the upstairs room. The shower curtain rod appeared to have been pulled off the wall and someone very inexperienced tried to repair same. The towel rack was bent out of shape, then you had to hold the toilet tank lever after flushing or it was no go. You insult your clientele with the sign about extra charges if they take certain items. The room is equipped with microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator and other electrical appliances but not enough outlets to use them. Each time you wish to use something you have to unplug something else. A sign in the lobby welcomes bird hunters then another sign advises a $50 charge if they clean birds in the rooms. Another sign apologizes for the pool beiong out of order but they should have it repaired shortly. Your rates for this junk heap should have been a great deal less than we were charged. I will certainly remember this the next time we are traveling. Jack and Lil Duncan, [--]

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
danish701, manager at Stay Express Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 3, 2009
Dear

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us a feed back. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your comments are extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 3252354853.

danish siddiqui
manager
Idalou, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

Overpriced! I expected alot more than I received. The shower head was greasey along with the bathroom door. Hug bug above the sink. Huge gaps along the door frame letting in air and alot of sunlight. The bed sheets had not seen fabric softner in along time. The one bright spot was the breakfast. Good but not enough. They say free breakfast, but with what you pay, you actually pay alot for it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Stay Express Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!