“For the money and location, NOT BAD!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Anchor Motel to your Saves list
Anchor Motel
1302 Bluewater Highway, Freeport Area, Surfside Beach, TX 77541   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Surfside Beach
“For the money and location, NOT BAD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011 via mobile

People on here with there reviews Exagerate a little too much. I'm 22 with a girl friend and we are not dirty people by any means. By first site of the hotel you can def tell its not the nicest.. It's very old but so is everything else on this beach. The bugs are BS!! Been here 4 times now and I haven't seen 1! The smell yes, but it's not mold. It's an old motel on the gulf.. That's normal. The bedding? Who doesn't bring there own no matter what hotel it is... For the $50 rate I paid it was awesome everytime. Super close to the beach and awesome service. Some people are looking for a Hilton on a motel 6 budget... Try laguna beach in California, not surfside Texas.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Nacogdoches, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Needs to be updated badly. Towels and sheets were very stained. Luckily I had brought my on. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. It is very close to the beach. Walking distance. Not all rooms have ocean. The water did run dirty for a few seconds and then cleared up. I also noticed the water running dirty at one of the nearby restaurants.
The Snapper Inn was a very good place to eat as was the Purple Cow. Don't think I will stay here again unless they do remodel and get new sheets and towels. The TV you can forget about watching. It was horrible. We got about 3 stations and they did not come in good at all. Not sure about the internet because we did not bring our lap tops. This was mainly just to get away and stay on the beach which that was our main thing we did and had a wonderful time. Surfside beach is really a nice beach. It was not as packed as Galveston.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
alvin tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

it was so nasty i was promised a view , i was next to the laundry room the room was nasty and the people was scary .the water came out grey i would not take a shower it the tub was nasty the people there were crazy needed to be on prozac. this place needs a lot of work fire the people that run the desk and get some raid and clean lots of clean !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Pflugerville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My fiance and I were here for all of 5 minutes before requesting a refund. Place is a dump of dumps. The dude at the desk couldn't have been nicer, really he was nice, but as soon as I walked in the room and cut on the lights the roaches scattered. Walked into the bathroom and the floor was covered with a sticky substance that very well could have been semen. I went to grab a towel to drop on it and clean it but the towels were stained with reddish stuff so I dropped it too and went to close up my bags and GTFO. Then when my fiance opened the room door a couple roaches like came out of the door I guess, they just appeared, and she freaked out and we went home son. The trip was over.
I feel sorry for the guy running this place, it looked like there was someone else packing their bags and requesting a refund at the same time as us so this must happen all the time. He cooperated completely in giving us our refund and was nice, so I'm giving service 5 stars, but the rest was just nasty. Not even worth the $50. They allow big dogs though if that is important to you.

Room Tip: don't get a room here, go to Corpus or something.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011 via mobile

Where to start..sheets are stained and had a little red bug on them under top cover. Holes in stained sheets..then these HUGE roaches came out at night. Shower trickled..couldn't even get clean. Bathroom door won't shut.. Worse I've ever seen. I put all my stuff in the truck so no bugs would get on or in them. Couldn't sleep due to my nerves being shot by the sneaky, nastyyyy bugs. Should've slept in my truck..heck, even the beach was cleaner than this Dump! !

• Stayed July 2011
corpus Christi, Texas, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

The good news was that the price at check in was half of the rate I had booked the room at ($24.95). Everything else was bad news. I got whistled at by guys dressed in wife beaters drinking beer on the second floor balcony. I had a cold and was congested, but the room still smelled horrendous. They don't provide basic little things in the rooms (like a trash can, tissues, shampoo, clock). You had to use a community trash barrel out in the parking lot. There was a TV but it got no channels. The pillow was the thickness of a paperback book and was stained. There was a dead roach and a roach leg on the vinyl bathroom floor. The water was a cloudy yellowish brown color. My friend actually tried taking a shower (yuuuck) and felt slimy all over, like the water wouldn't rinse off. I tried washing my hands, and they actually came out dirtier, so from then on I washed using bottled water. Walls very thin and we could hear every word spoken next door, as well as people peeling out from the parking lot at all hours. We would not have stayed, but we arrived late and had an early morning event and no backup plans for lodging b/c this place had looked fine on hotels.com. So I laid out all of my spare clothes and slept on top of them rather than touch any part of the bed. Yeah, not a place I'd recommend.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

i was there in the beginning of june and i was with my family, i went to check in about the prices and theres was very reasonable and also the front desk people were very friendly so i decided to stay. i stayed there two nights for the rate of $60.00 a night. you can not get a room by the beach at this price, i asked for towels, soap and etc and they provided these things to me right away. i will definetly visit anchor motel again and i will also recommend all my friends. perfect get away place from big city folks like houston

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Anchor Motel? Share your experiences!