“Great staff, nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1202 Mockingbird Lane, Sulphur Springs, TX 75482   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sulphur Springs
San Antonio, Texas
“Great staff, nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I spoke with the staff several times before my arrival, and they were always helpful. An hour before arrival we called to ask for a mini-fridge to be put into our room. It was there when we arrived. Our group of about 50 people watched the Texas A&M game in the lobby, then stayed for a few more hours just to socialize. The front desk staff was totally cool with it.
The rooms were fine. The breakfast staff kept the breakfast food well stocked for us. The cut fruit was excellent. The bacon was crisp, which I like.
There are gas, food, and drug stores nearby the hotel.
The review that said there was no place to hang up clothes or put suitcases probably didn't find the closet which was behind the door that was covered by a very large, full length mirror.
I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Baytown, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The overall stay was ok. No place to hang up clothes or put suitcases. Shower stall was dirty and needed matainance. We were overcharged on our credit card and had some difficulty resolving the issue. No TV Guide in room or on TV itself. Overall, I'd say go to LaQuinta

Malvern AR, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Could not have been better! Linens were very nice but the bed had to be remade the first night - the top sheet had no hangover on one side! Staff went out of their way to meet all our needs. breakfast was tasty and presented well.

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

lots of fun and very good place to stay for all travels. The people were very friendly and rooms were very good and great prices. Stayed there on three different nights during my trip to Texas. Good breakfast too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Houston, TX, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is new, housekeeing inside the rooms is very good, breakfast area is clean and overall the food is very good. Needs to improve the exterminating process of bugs outside the hotel. At night they try to enter the Lobby. The front desk personnel are excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

arlington texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great hotel. clean, great bed, good breckfast. no complaints there.
Hotel manager needs to grow up. I made a late reversation with a late check in for my sister and I. We were in town doing a Bridal Shower. The shower was on Saturday, and after staying at the church until almost 3:00 in the morning we called it a night. The gentalman at checkin had ran a night audit and was unable to get into our reservation. And after waiting over 1/2 hr he gave us a room key at my insistance. The next morning after only 4 hr of sleep, the hotel mgr knew of our situation but offered no discount of any kind. But when I challenged her on it, she got so mad she grabbed the checkout slip back and told me very rudely that she could just not charge me for the night stay. I told her I wasnt looking for anything free, and ask her name. She told me her name and told me rudely again it was posted on the wall. She is unprofessional. rude and much to young to deal with customer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2014nicolep, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sulphur Springs, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn Sulphur Springs. I understand that you were not satisfied with entrance key process to your guest room and am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that this area is of great importance to us, I have shared your review with the team to use a learning tool to prevent this from occurring again. Thank you again, we appreciate your honest feedback. I hope the next time you are in Sulphur Springs, you'll choose to stay at Hampton Inn.

Nicole Perkins, General Manager
Richmond, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We picked this hotel because of its location. It was merely the closest to the exit when we got off the interstate and we are sure glad it was. The hotel was very clean and up to date. Every staff member we came in contact with went out of their way to make sure our experience was satisfactory. If we are ever in this area again we will return to this hotel. We highly recommend it to all.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Sulphur Springs? Share your experiences!