“Non Smoking should be Non Smoking” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1344 Eaton Drive, Sulphur Springs, TX 75482   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Sulphur Springs
Midland, Texas
“Non Smoking should be Non Smoking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were given a room that had a sign that said this was a smoking room that was cleaned and was now a non smoking room. It wasn't too bad early in the night but by morning we both had scratchy throats and a cough. The smoke smell had gotten much worse during the night. If you stay here check your room and insist on another if you see this sign. We stayed in room 202. The indoor pool was pretty, clean, warm, and had plenty of towels and dim lights. However, there are so many other places to stay that we will skip this one next time.

Room Tip: Do not use 202.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lloyd Q, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We do apologize that your room, room 202, smelled like smoke. Room 202 is a non smoking room and has been since we opened. Unfortunately, this does not keep people from smoking in non smoking rooms. We do our best to prevent people from non smoking rooms including billing them $150 for smoking in them. I will speak to the housekeeping department and make sure we do a better job at communicating when we smell smoke in our non smoking rooms. We hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

After reading the reviews of this hotel, I was a little disappointed upon my arrival. The carpet in the room had stains on it, the grout and floor of the shower had that pink bacteria growing, there were not enough towels, there was no coffee pot in the room, they gave you "conditioning" shampoo but no conditioner, and the pillows were quite small. We saw at least two rooms that had white duct tape around the doors - like the doors had been kicked in or something. On the positive side, the room didn't smell and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I do apologize for these issues and will be working on improving them so our guests will have a great stay. The head housekeeper was informed of the cleanliness issue and maintenance is working on correcting the issue with our 2 doors. Thank you for your suggestions on how we can improve and we hope to see you again.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

my husband and I stayed 5 days Probably seen every person on every shift from manager (he worked like everyone else), to every department required to run this great place. Customer service is beyond expectation. We have come to Sulphur Springs several times a year for over twenty years and will never think of staying anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

KRISTEE D, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
I would like to say thank you for the wounderful review. We enjoy having each and every guest and are excited when we can have a guest stay for any extended period of time. i hope that you plan on staying with us for al of your future travels through this area.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The service that I experienced at this hotel was second to none. The GM and staff went out of there way to make my stay unforgettable. The room was very spacious and comfortable and I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Lloyd Q, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. We are very proud of our hotel here in Sulphur Springs and I will pass on your comments the team here. It is our pleasure to go the extra mile to make our guests feel assured they have made the right choice in where they decide to stay. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I just finished a 5 day vacation in Texas. I drove from Broken Arrow, Ok. to Lake Conroe for my first grandson's first birthday party. My nephew flew in from Oregon to ride with me and my beagle. I stayed at La Quinta in
Sulphur Springs on the way down and on the way back.
It's halfway and 4 hours is all the riding I care to do. I choose La Quinta because my beagle is like a child and LQ likes pets!
When we arrived back in Broken Arrow my nephew discovered he had lost his wallet. He was certain he left it at the store on the turnpike near McAlester, OK! I called the store and no wallet was found!
My nephew has a flight back to Oregon in two days and has no ID or debit card! We are in a panic when I notice I have a message on my work phone, which I forgot to bring with us.
I am on vacation so I didn't need to bring it. The message was from Lloyd, the General Manager at the La Quinta asking for me to give him a call.
By this time my nephew is on his cell phone with Wells Fargo attempting to cancel his debit card, thinking its stolen and I am on my phone with Lloyd verifying the the wallet left in our room belonged to my nephew because we don't share the same last name, sister's kid.
So I verify it's his minutes before Wells Fargo is ready to cancel.
So my thanks go out to the employee who found the wallet and gave it to the General Manager. And a Special thanks to Lloyd who took the time out of his day to box up the wallet and drive it across town to the FedEx store so I could have it by tomarrow. My nephew has to be at the airport the day after tomarrow at 7 AM and FedEx doesn't have a door to door pick up service in Sulphur Springs so I couldn't do it without him.
UPS does door to door pick up but not until tomarrow and then it would get here the day after and he would miss his flight.
So Lloyd saved the day and I will update my phone profile at LQ so they have my cell also.

• Stayed September 2013
I am so glad to hear everything worked out for you. It is my pleasure to assist our guests and I understand how frantic it is when you lose something and you are not sure where it is. Please let me know if there is ever anything we can do for you. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Well lit, very clean common areas, very clean rooms AND goooood coffee, made perfect everytime;) VERY friendly staff too, they make you feel like ole friends you are coming to pay a visit too. I was glad I passed the other hotels up to stay at this La Qunita!

• Stayed September 2013
We are so glad you stopped at our hotel. We do our best to show our new friends the highest level of Texas hospitality. Please decide to stay with us again in the future and enjoy another evening in the town of Sulphur Springs.
Nacogdoches, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have been staying at this property for several years on a regular basis. This last stay (Aug. 2013) will probably be the last. The property has getting worse each time we stay. The exterior was very inviting, the staff was friendly, and the lobby area was very clean. But once inside, things change. The carpeting in the hallways is filthy, I don't think it has ever really been cleaned. The hallways and elevators reek of cigarette smoke. We found leftover dog food in the sofa in the room (I hope it was dog food). The filthy carpet in the breakfast area will make you not want to eat there. Breakfast items are rationed out in amounts so small that it is necessary to keep asking and waiting. It is sad to see what was once a really good hotel fall into such a bad state.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
First, i would like to say thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay while through our area. i am sorry to hear that you were no pleased with the property. There has been several changes that has taken place since your stay. We are currently under new management and improving the property inside and out as we speak. i would love for you to stop by and pay us a visit the next time you are through so that you can see for yourself how we have improved., and hopefully give our hotel another chance. Thank youu again for the review, it is how we know what our guests are experiencing.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs? Share your experiences!