“Very Clean and Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1344 Eaton Drive, Sulphur Springs, TX 75482   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Sulphur Springs
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very Clean and Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The service that I experienced at this hotel was second to none. The GM and staff went out of there way to make my stay unforgettable. The room was very spacious and comfortable and I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Lloyd Q, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. We are very proud of our hotel here in Sulphur Springs and I will pass on your comments the team here. It is our pleasure to go the extra mile to make our guests feel assured they have made the right choice in where they decide to stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I just finished a 5 day vacation in Texas. I drove from Broken Arrow, Ok. to Lake Conroe for my first grandson's first birthday party. My nephew flew in from Oregon to ride with me and my beagle. I stayed at La Quinta in
Sulphur Springs on the way down and on the way back.
It's halfway and 4 hours is all the riding I care to do. I choose La Quinta because my beagle is like a child and LQ likes pets!
When we arrived back in Broken Arrow my nephew discovered he had lost his wallet. He was certain he left it at the store on the turnpike near McAlester, OK! I called the store and no wallet was found!
My nephew has a flight back to Oregon in two days and has no ID or debit card! We are in a panic when I notice I have a message on my work phone, which I forgot to bring with us.
I am on vacation so I didn't need to bring it. The message was from Lloyd, the General Manager at the La Quinta asking for me to give him a call.
By this time my nephew is on his cell phone with Wells Fargo attempting to cancel his debit card, thinking its stolen and I am on my phone with Lloyd verifying the the wallet left in our room belonged to my nephew because we don't share the same last name, sister's kid.
So I verify it's his minutes before Wells Fargo is ready to cancel.
So my thanks go out to the employee who found the wallet and gave it to the General Manager. And a Special thanks to Lloyd who took the time out of his day to box up the wallet and drive it across town to the FedEx store so I could have it by tomarrow. My nephew has to be at the airport the day after tomarrow at 7 AM and FedEx doesn't have a door to door pick up service in Sulphur Springs so I couldn't do it without him.
UPS does door to door pick up but not until tomarrow and then it would get here the day after and he would miss his flight.
So Lloyd saved the day and I will update my phone profile at LQ so they have my cell also.

• Stayed September 2013
I am so glad to hear everything worked out for you. It is my pleasure to assist our guests and I understand how frantic it is when you lose something and you are not sure where it is. Please let me know if there is ever anything we can do for you. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Well lit, very clean common areas, very clean rooms AND goooood coffee, made perfect everytime;) VERY friendly staff too, they make you feel like ole friends you are coming to pay a visit too. I was glad I passed the other hotels up to stay at this La Qunita!

• Stayed September 2013
We are so glad you stopped at our hotel. We do our best to show our new friends the highest level of Texas hospitality. Please decide to stay with us again in the future and enjoy another evening in the town of Sulphur Springs.
Nacogdoches, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have been staying at this property for several years on a regular basis. This last stay (Aug. 2013) will probably be the last. The property has getting worse each time we stay. The exterior was very inviting, the staff was friendly, and the lobby area was very clean. But once inside, things change. The carpeting in the hallways is filthy, I don't think it has ever really been cleaned. The hallways and elevators reek of cigarette smoke. We found leftover dog food in the sofa in the room (I hope it was dog food). The filthy carpet in the breakfast area will make you not want to eat there. Breakfast items are rationed out in amounts so small that it is necessary to keep asking and waiting. It is sad to see what was once a really good hotel fall into such a bad state.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
KRISTEE D, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
First, i would like to say thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay while through our area. i am sorry to hear that you were no pleased with the property. There has been several changes that has taken place since your stay. We are currently under new management and improving the property inside and out as we speak. i would love for you to stop by and pay us a visit the next time you are through so that you can see for yourself how we have improved., and hopefully give our hotel another chance. Thank youu again for the review, it is how we know what our guests are experiencing.
Fort Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stay here at least once a year and have always been pleased; however, this stay evidenced some deterioration. There were several members in my group and 3 of the 5 complained regarding cigarette smoke in the elevator and in the hallways. Two members of the my group asked for room reassignments as a result of that. I, too, noticed the cigarette aroma in the elevators--it could be quite strong, at times. The indoor pool area had some trouble with the lighting. Plusses remain the staff's friendliness, the breakfast is adequate, my room was clean, it was spacious and it had comfortable beds.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to smoke--ask for a room that is as far from the smoking rooms as possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for all of the possitive as well as negative concerns that you have. i would like to express that we have taken measures to ensure that the smoke smell is contained to the are of the hotel that is designated for smoking. The pool area is an on going process with getting the correxct smount of lighting but we are investigating a solution. I am pleased to hear the possitive aspects of your stay and hope tosee you again in the near future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

we stayed here for our pets, they were very great for that . now the staff was awsome, the room was okay the shower had alot of black mold in it , otherwise a very great stay ,clean rooms and pool and hot tub were great except the one time there were no towels in the pool area and everyone that left drug water all over hotel otherwise great .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Than you for the review. It helps us know where we stand on both the good qualities and the bad. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The showers are an ongoing process but we are being proactive on the situation and they have improved. We currently make sure that the pool is kept stocked with towels and the water is mopped up promptly after each guests exits. I hope to see you again in the near future.
Natchitoches, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We checked in Having used Hotwire to book the room. We got an accessable room with two queen beds. The room was clean an fairly new. The bed were very good. The bathroom was large probably because it was an accessable room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our location for your stay. We do have rooms with 2 queen sixe beds and well as room that are ADA with 2 queen size beds, which are lorger in space, as we try to accomidate everyone. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sulphur Springs? Share your experiences!