“True Italian flavor” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Sulphur Springs, Texas
“True Italian flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Enjoy going here for special occassions especially late evening when the lighting tends to lend more atmosphere. The food has that traditional flavor and portions are more than adequate and we usually leave with a to-go box. Wish they had Texas style sweet tea instead of peach but can't have everything in small town America. A little "pricey" for my pocket book.

Visited August 2012

Mount Vernon, Texas
“Nasty Restaurant - Obnoxious Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have been to the restaurant a few times over the years. It is the only Italian restaurant in the area. Their attitude has always been flippant and the food just ok. This past weekend 8/11/12 we took a friend to eat here. Again the borderline rude attitude prevailed. We all ordered salads. When the salad arrived I ate a few bites then noticed a long blonde hair in the salad. We sent all the salads back as we had lost our appetite for the salads at that point. A few minutes later the main dishes arrived. They were ok - but my chicken was not done thoroughly - but I ate around the poorly cooked area. I am not one to normally complain about something in a restaurant. When the bill arrived they had removed ONE of the salads from the bill. We asked for the other two to be removed and the waitress response was "what was wrong with them?". Well the came out of the same container that the other salad with the hair came out of, and frankly we've lost our trust in the cleanliness of the restaurant. It might be safe to eat the cooked food, but something cold is a gamble. The salad dressing was horrible anyway. They told us vinaigrette, but it was more of a the red french dressing for kids. What kind of Italian restaurant doesn't have Italian salad dressing? From across the restaurant I gazed up a set of vinegar and oil shakers, but these weren't offered. We asked for the other two salads to be removed. The manager came out who again asked what was wrong with the salads. She went further to state that no one there had blonde hair, but added my wife did. As she says this I am looking at a blonde haired woman in the back who I believe is one of the owners. Clearly this is where the hair came from. Some words were exchanged and a loud scene led by the manager ensued. We were more embarrassed for them than the manager, my wife paid with Cash minus a tip to cover the salads and horrendous handling of the situation. But it doesn't cover the horrible / shocking experience. The manager also said that she had a bug in her food in a Dallas restaurant and all they gave her was 10% off! I wasn't asking for a free dinner - I just didn't want to pay for food we could not safely eat. Not only did she expect us to pay full price (which is what we intended) but also pay for the food with hair in it. She did not see this as a major problem at all and seemed surprised we didn't just pull out the hair and eat it anyway. This restaurant needs to be closed down by the heath department, unfortunately Sulphur Springs does not have such enforcement. My advice is to stay far away from this place for your own safety.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sulphur Springs, Texas
“Best Italian food around!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Most of everything on the menu is worth trying. The house dressing is awesome. They have different specials every day, the pork chops are fall off the bone good.

Visited July 2012
Paris, Texas, United States
“This place makes you think that you are in New York or New Jersey eating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Everything is wonderful!! Homemade flat bread with homemade sauces, homemade dinner rolls, Veal, Meatballs, Steak, Pasta and desserts. They serve homemade pizza too! Something for the whole family! Wonderful food at a very reasonable price. Family owned! I live in Paris Tx but drive the 30 something miles to eat there. Have a wonderful time.

Visited June 2012
Honey Grove, Texas
“Great food, dumpy restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The food here has always been very good. I first went with friends who spoke highly of the food or the looks of the place's exterior would have put me off and I wouldn't have chanced it. The food makes the place!

Visited May 2012