“Good Location, Clean, Safe and Average” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Sugar Land

You added Holiday Inn Express Sugar Land to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Sugar Land
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14444 Southwest Freeway (Highway 59), Sugar Land, TX 77478   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sugar Land
Newnan, Georgia
“Good Location, Clean, Safe and Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Didn't exceed expectations or disappoint. Breakfast was average. Staff was pleasant. Near many good restaurants and shopping mall. Getting the water temp correct in the shower was a challenge. It took some time to get the warm water regulated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is my first time to Sugar Land Tx. Since I have to travel throughout the State, I usually stay at Extended Stay. After looking at the photos of this site online, I decided to pay the extra $30 to $50 per night. The "Business Bar" area appealed to me since I had to meet a client. So instead of meeting in a noisy restaurant, I'm able to meet my client here for a couple of hours and then get back on the road. Moreover, the facility is well lit, updated, and comfortable. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly which further added to my great experience. By the way - Extended Stay is right next door. I'm glad that I chose Holiday Inn Express Sugar Land.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank S M
hiexsugarland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sugar Land, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful and candid review about our hotel and staff. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide good service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. We are glad you enjoyed our "business bar" as many of our guest do. We appreciate your kind words and are looking forward to seeing you back soon.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Everything was enjoyable, but the added extra here was being treated well.
Sometimes it's tough enough being away from home, it sure makes much nicer then you're treated well.

Thanks May Le!!

Also enjoyed your restaurant tips.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Douglas C
hiexsugarland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sugar Land, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We know that many of our guests are away from their home and family for long periods of time. With that being said, we always want our guest to feel like this is their home away from home. We thank you for your kind words and feedback and are very glad that you enjoyed one of the many restaurant recommendations. We will have new recommendations ready for you when you come back. Thanks again for choosing our hotel, a great hotel that guest love.
Saint Peters, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and the hotel staff have always been extremely friendly and accommodating. Due to the business I travel with, my hotel reservations are not always the easiest, but the staff is quick and attentive to getting my reservation made and make the check-in process quick. As I come into the hotel after work, the staff always greets me with a smile and it makes me feel welcomed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the hotel and staff. We try our best to deliver the best guest experience to our guest and be a great hotel that guest love. We appreciate your kind words and feedback. Thank you for your continued patronage and we hope to see you back very soon.
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was a guest of the hotel from 7 May through 27, July 2012. I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating during the stay. The hotel was always clean and in good working order. The only issue I had during the stay was the bathroom cold water supply being scalding hot early in the mornings (prior to 6 am) and you could not shower without letting the water run for at least 10 minutes. Also, I had to renew my instructions to housekeeping about towels/linen changes at least once a week as they would follow them for a day or two and then go back to their standard pratices.

Overall, this was a very good experience and I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
hiexsugarland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sugar Land, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your candid feedback. We greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff and apologize for any inconvenience caused by the hot water issue and housekeeping towel instructions. Please be assured that your complaints and suggestions have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. We look forward to having you back and thank you for your patronage.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I was in town for an interview and had a reservation for 3 nights. While in bed, I saw a large cockroach run under the furniture. I spent the night because I was too tired to move. Next day, I asked to checkout because of the problem and asked for a refund of my next two nights. The manager refused since I had prepaid and offered to change rooms. At this point, I did not want to spend another night worried about bugs so I declined. So, I ended up paying for 2 nights that I was not in the room. I even called guest relations who said that prepaid rates will not be refunded. I stay at a lot of HIE's and this was NOT a nice one. Grungy and cheap were my impression.

Room Tip: Do not prepay.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
hiexsugarland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sugar Land, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest:
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Please be assured that your complaints and suggestions have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and we do our best to prevent problems from recurring. As a Standard Operating Procedure, our Ecolab Pest Elimination Control Representative was contacted immediately and came out to service the room that day. Per standards, our rooms are serviced on a monthly basis and a representative is on-call to come out 24 hours a day to service a room if need be. Once again please accept our sincere apology for your stay not being to your satisfaction. We value you as a guest and would love for you to give us another try in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Sugar Land hotels

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I don't like to travel much as it is a hassle but I don't remember feeling as welcomed at any other hotel as I was here. The ladies at the front Cheryl and May were very kindhearted and accomodating and I thank them for that. My husband and I enjoyed the breakfast they offer and will be coming back next time we visit Sugar Land.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
hiexsugarland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sugar Land, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Cheryl and I are thrilled to recieve your kinds words about us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and sweetening our day. Out motto here is that "Everything is sweeter at the Holiday Inn Express in Sugar Land". That starts with your warm and friendly welcome at the front desk. As always, we appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Our complimentary hot deluxe breakfast will be awaiting you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
Comfort Suites Sugar Land
#1 of 16 in Stafford
4.5 of 5 stars 115 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sugar Land? Share your experiences!