“HGI -3 Week Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Sugar Land
Irving, United States
“HGI -3 Week Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This Hotel is very nice and the beds are comfortable, also the breakfast is amazing. I just wish that in room dining was 24Hrs. Furthermore I was very impressed with the WiFi. Other Problems which I had are I was promised double points for prepaid charges which never happened. Consequently, at first I was overcharged...which really disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jinzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

It is my second business trip to stay in Hilton Garden Inn, Houston/Sugar Land, Texas. I can say that it is a very good hotel, but they don't provide toothbrush,tooth-paste,comb, razor and even no slippers either. I think this is inconvenient for travlers

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for two nights last weekend (April 19, 20, 2013). We were in Sugar Land to attend a special birthday celebration. The hotel was very close to my cousin's home, that was a plus.

We were pleasantly surprised to find the hotel very clean and comfortable. We had a sleep number bed where one can adjust the firmness on each side. We did not attempt that. The best part of the deal was the price of the breakfast. For only ten dollars more for the room we could have had a hot breakfast for two every day. We did not take this because we were visiting our cousin nearby and were going to her house.

The staff of the hotel was very courteous. Everyone we came across said hi and smiled. The only deficiency we found was that there was no water bottles provided like some other hotels. For someone needing to take medicine in the morning they have to take the water from the bathroom tap. We brought water in paper cups from the lobby jar the night before. We did not use any other facilities in the hotel.

The hotel is close to highways.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This clean, quiet property is in a great location. Nice rooms, good breakfast, good wifi signal throughout and a business center that has all you need for on the road needs.

Close to Sugar Land and Stafford businesses, but just far enough away to be restful.

The staff is very professional and hospitable (they get it, and so does their management staff!!) and is consistently helpful, friendly and nice.

• Stayed April 2013
NEW ORLEANS, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Regarding Check-IN I was promised that a room would be ready for me to check in at 12:00 noon. I arrived at 12:35pm and was told that I would have to “come back in an hour or so, we should have a room ready for you then.” The hotel should have done what I was told that they would do when I called them to inquire about my stay. Regarding Staff Service When I was finally able to check in I went to my room (Room 307). There was a cleaning lady that was cleaning a room near mine. I asked her for some extra towels of various sizes. She gave me only one of each size so I asked her for another set and she acted as though my request was a problem. She wasn’t going to give me the towels until I asked her for them several times. Then I asked her for three packets of coffee. She told me that I should already have coffee in the room. I told her that there were only two packets in the room. I told her that I didn’t drink the decaffeinated type and offered to give that pack back to her. She had a bad attitude but I continued to ask for the extra coffee packs until she finally gave them to me. I am not sure about the other members of the staff but she should be trained more in the area of customer service. Regarding Clock Radio Clock had wrong time on it and I wasn’t able to change the time to the correct time. The clock should have been changed for a working one when I called for a wake-up call and informed them of the problem.

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Place is fine, staff are competent and pleasant, and the service was satistfactory on all counts. The decor is a bit bland for my tasts and the location a bit out of the way, but not bad for Houston and its urban spral.

Merricks North, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel was perfect for the business traveler - not five-star, but very affordable, clean, and functional. The rooms are large with a living room area (with TV) and bedroom area (with a TV). You can easily buy drinks and snacks 24/7, and the breakfast is fine for a business traveler. The hotel staff were VERY helpful. I highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Sugar Land? Share your experiences!