“Responding To the Very Disappointing!” 5 of 5 stars

The Italian Place Bed and Breakfast
236 Loring St, Stonewall, TX 78671   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Stonewall B&B and Inns
Crosby
“Responding To the Very Disappointing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My Husband and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary the weekend of the 26th-28th of August and we loved the Italian place the neighborhood was nice, quite and very friendly neighbors, the cottage was awesome the jacuzzi tub was awesome, the bikes were awesome advantage, the property was beautiful and well kept, the food was better than any continental breakfast I have ever had at any hotel/motel. This is a awesome place and the owner hospitality was the BEST!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

This was my husband and I 1 year wedding anniversary. We thought it would be fun to visit Fredericksburg. This was our first time in that area so I had no idea where to stay. I must say, The Italian Place was wonderful. As we walked in the door we were very happy with our room. It smelled so good and was very clean. Bill and Amber did an outstanding job and made us feel right at home. We will totally come back to The Italian Place on our next trip to Fredericksburg. Thank you again Bill and Amber!

Brian and Melissa
Grand Prairie, TX

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Amber and Bill are two of the most genuinely friendly people I have ever had the privilege of meeting and their property and rooms are beautiful. I would gladly tell anyone that asks that they should take some time and go to Stonewall to stay with them. They are just a short drive from Fredericksburg and several vineyards giving anyone that stays with them a lot of things to do. I was only able to stay for one night, but am currently planning my 3-4 day stay with them.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I spent two nights in the Buona Sera earlier this year (end of January/beginning of February). This place far exceeded my expectations! I only wish that I could have stayed longer. Amber and Bill were very friendly and I enjoyed meeting and talking with both of them. They have a lovely place and it is located in a very nice and quiet area of Stonewall. It is a few streets off the main road but it is still located near a lot of wineries and tourist activities. It is only a short drive to Fredericksburg too. The Buona Sera was very comfortable and had all the amenities that I needed and more. I really enjoyed the fire place and the nice large tub in the bathroom. The breakfasts were delicious! I really enjoyed being able to wake up at my own leisure to eat breakfast in my room. I just can't say enough wonderful things about this place. This has been one of my favorite places that I have stayed during any of my travels. Amber and Bill have done an amazing job and I hope to stay again with them someday. Thanks again for such an amazing stay.

Room Tip: Not a lot of stairs/easy access, very quiet and private, nice fireplace, great tub, secure off-stree...
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

I've stayed in a lot of B&Bs, and this is one of the best! I stayed in Buona Sera, the smaller of the two rooms – perfect for just me but would have been great for my husband and me as well. The room was spotless and the bed was soft. The wi-fi was fast enough for easy chat, e-mail, websurfing, and Hulu. The satellite TV (with DVD player) was a good size and easily viewed from the bed, with a selection of fun DVDs as well. The sitting area was just big enough to set up my laptop for writing, and the chairs were comfortable (no arm rests, but I prefer that). The jacuzzi was VERY clean and easy to use. There is no shower, but there is a hand-held shower head on the jacuzzi tub. I did not use the shower head - when I needed to wash my hair I just ducked my head under the faucet. The bathroom *is* small, but you can't beat the amenities at the price they charge - especially on a week night. The kitchenette is right inside the door, and it's just right with the small microwave, fridge, and LARGE sink. My dirty dishes magically disappeared each day, even though I had planned to wash them. I can’t say enough good things about the breakfast. The first day breakfast was a very good spinach, mushroom, and green chili quiche, the second was BIG breakfast tacos, and the third was pancakes and muffins. Each day there was also a good serving of fruit, yogurt, and granola. There was also milk and juice (in sealed containers). The outside sitting areas are really great. I spent every evening sitting out there, drinking a glass of wine and reading. The innkeepers, Amber and Bill, are so warm and friendly. They were easy to chat if I wanted to chat, and they would leave me alone if I wanted to be left alone. It was always easy to find them – either call to them in the yard (where someone was often gardening) or knock on their back door. Everything about The Italian Place exceeded my expectations. Thank you, Amber and Bill!

Room Tip: There are two rooms: Buona Sera is smaller and romantic, and Bellisimo is large and pet-friendly
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Bill and Amber always make our yearly stay a comfortable and relaxing one. We come to Stonewall for the annual fish fry and last year they even joined us! The rooms are just perfect for a short or long stay. The amenities are perfect. Look forward to staying this year!

• Stayed October 2010
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

I wanted to visit Fredericksburg so in doing a search of B&Bs for the area I found The Italian Place in Stonewall, 15 minutes from Fredericksburg. This place is just what I needed. It was perfect. Better than I expected. Great breakfast, lovely cottage and serenity. Thank you for a wonderful stay....and a special shout out to Bunny, one of the resident cats- she was just darling. I'd recommend Italian Place to all family and friends. Thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Italian Place Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!