“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Stephenville, Texas
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have concerns about the cleanliness. Floors always look like they need to be swept. The lights are so dim it's hard to tell how dirty they are. I go there for the chicken salad which I love. But, they had changed the way they serve it. It used to come on a platter. Now it's on a luncheon size plate. It's still a lot of salad but hard to eat as there's so much on the plate it falls off when you try to eat it. They give you a lot of dressing in a container on the side which is nice. My husband had the chicken fried steak which he said was okay but not as good as Jake and Dorothy's.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Fallon
“fried pickles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Love coming here for their fried pickles and cheese fries when in town! Fun atmosphere and friendly staff. It's kid friendly and great sweet tea!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waco, TX
“Disgusting--insect petting zoo!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Well, the only way I can recommend this restaurant is if you truly enjoy eating along with cockroaches. I went to Montana's along with three friends. While waiting on our food to arrive, we noticed a huge cockroach (waterbug) crawling along the wall and pointed it out to the waitress. After taking a minute to decide what to kill it with, she smashed it with her foot (she was wearing tennis shoes.) As we cringed, she cheerily declared "Well, that's just part of life. That's why we have birds." Ummmm......I don't know that roaches are exactly why we have birds, but I understand that she probably couldn't think of what else to do or say. Sadly, the waitress really didn't seem upset about this and it seemed she was an expert roach killer. Another customer (who appeared to be a regular) laughed at us as we were horrified over this! I can't help but feel like roaches are welcomed in this dining establishment.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Disgusting, smelly, old greasy smokey spoon!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I seriously do not see how this "restaurant" is still open. This place is filthy! Look at the fake greenery, looks like dust has been building up for years. Forget consistency here. One day is good the next day is completely different. If you like cheap low quality frozen then fried food this is the place for you! Also if you can look in the kitchen.....you will never want to eat there again! This place needs to be shut down! I have personally seen cockroaches and mice there, and have found hair in my food. Either this place is disgusting like I think it is or I have the worse luck ever when giving this place multiple chances of changing my opinion. Oh and this part cracks me up! If you don't like cigarette smoke you will hate this place. The "smoking" section is literally in between the 2 "non smoking" sections. The whole restaurant smells like booze, cigs, ollllllld grease, and backed up sewage! Once again all you cheap eaters that don't really care about quality or taste this is the place for you!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wylie, Texas
“Good for College Students”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

It was good and fast, a little too much fried food for me, but there was plenty of food for the college girls, they had left-overs to takes back to the dorm.

Visited February 2013