“You get what you pay for.” 2 of 5 stars

Sun Suites of Stafford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11620 Lebon Lane, Stafford, TX 77477   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Stafford
Connersville, Indiana
“You get what you pay for.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I'm really unsure of what to say about this hotel. Overall, I don't know how I felt about my stay. I stayed here with my boyfriend for ten days in July-August and found that the staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, that was the only positive... As I said, we stayed here for ten days... and we got maid service twice. TWICE! We ended up changing our own linens, and washing our own towels... and oh yeah, be sure to go out and buy your own toilet paper! The room was very poorly put together... the headboard was broken, the light only worked half the time, and half of the outlets only worked when the light was on! Also, don't buy anything that needs to be kept frozen. The freezer worked about as well as a poor refrigerator, and the refrigerator part didn't work at all. We ended up keeping our milk, meats and other spoilables in the freezer... and the ice cream, well... that went to the roaches.

OH yeah! ROACHES. SO. MANY. COCKROACHES... If you stay here, don't turn out your lights... that's how we kept the roaches away. We left the lights on ALL the time... but then, of course, they find dark places... like inside your bedside table drawers and IN THE REFRIGERATOR. O_O

Oh, also, if you have children... just don't stay here at all. This is not a place for kids. The people who stay here are scary, scary people who stay outside your door and drink beer and smoke, and talk loudly in Spanish all night... I swear they tried to watch through our windows... Don't leave women here alone. That's asking for trouble. And at night, bolt your doors. It's scary here!

Well... it was disgusting... and run down... BUT it was sooooooo cheap... we payed like 350 for ten days... and the staff is soooo friendly (Even if they don't speak much English)... And there is a security officer who is VERY friendly and patrols at night. So that made me feel a little safer...

Overall, I guess the bottom line is, you get what you pay for. And I'll probably stay here again next time, because that's all we can afford. XD

Room Tip: Ask to check the room before you agree to stay there. If it's gross, ask for another. Really. Do...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The only positive that I can say is that this place got me to start writing reviews. The staff was friendly –they did try to make me happy. Room #1- had bed bugs and something that was either blood or bum juice and it was where one would lay your head. I have pictures -No attempt was made to clean and IMO this should be removed and replaced – Biohazard. Room #2- signs of bed bugs again, a nonsmoking room with burn marks on the mattress cover, sheets and again where you lay your head - many stains down the side of the bed on the mattress and box spring. Room #3 – do I have to say it or do you already know what to chime in – bed bugs with pet urine on the blanket and bedspread. I was done. I booked through a service- not trip advisor- that stated they would take 7-10 days to refund me and that I had lost the first night amount. I am taking that up with the powers that be. I do not think anyone should be denied a clean room, I think people should demand it. The very basic- CLEAN room is what should be given for your hard earned money. This place should be reviewed for the health and safety of the consumer. It broke my heart to see a family with young children go in and close the door as I drove away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Stafford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I travel extensively thru the U.S. & abroad and my stay at the Sun Suites in Stafford Texas has truly been a pleasurable experience, normally I stay in high end accommodations as being the CEO of of 4 corporations afford me this luxury but as times have changed I decided to start doing my part cutting my expenses when i'm traveling. Not only was the staff very friendly and accommodating, the Manager Nina Jamie and her staff especially one front desk clerk Zuri went above & beyond what I feel was necessary to make my extended stay a pleasant & memorable experience also an eye opener that you don't have to spend an arm & leg for a comfortable place to stay. All I know the next time I fly into Sugar Land Airport I'll be staying at the Sun Suites Stafford location!

Room Tip: The rooms located in the back of the motel are quieter have ample parking & plenty of room for t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Let's make it simple: Do not even think of staying here unless you want to experience Houston at its worst. I arrived at 9pm to find that my booking had not registered in the system. It took me a while to get into reception, and when I did I was greeted by a lady security officer in full uniform (I later discovered that this place needs a lot of security people around), who was very pleasant, and helped me into the very last room available. This was my one happy experience for three days and nights.

As I walked to my room some really shady guys watched me as I went by, which made me feel really creepy. The same thing happened the next evening, only this time there were hosts of people hanging over the balconies. My room was very bad. I swear there were bugs in the sheets, leaving me a rash on my right shoulder. The kitchen area was disgracefully done out, with ill-fitting plywood cupboards and a small electric stove with one ring missing. The bathroom was the only part of the "suite" that was in any reasonable state, and you could barely turn around in that!

I checked out two nights early in fear of getting either mugged or burgled. I have never had this kind of feeling in any place I have ever stayed, and believe me I have been all over this planet. As I said earlier, don't even think about this place to put your head down.

Room Tip: A good room? Hah! Good luck with that one!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have to stay at hotel's all the time because of work. I will honestly say that this hotel is the best. The staff is very friendly and attentive. The hotel is very clean and is located in a quiet area of town. There are plenty of nice restaurant's in the area too. The rooms are a nice size and they are maintained weekly. If you need an economical place to stay that is safe, quite, well maintained, well managed with conveniences like Wal Mart, Office Depot and Frys then stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Front desk attendants were very nice and helpfull. house keeping did a great job, room was very clean. I liked how it was close by a shopping center and restaurants, every one helped out and always had a smile on there face. I will definitely come back its a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012
Stafford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel for 4 months. The entire staff works to make our stay as convenient as possible. The managers, housekeepers, and maintenance personnel are always available and provide top quality service. The office calls when mail or packages arrive, the housekeepers are through and efficient, the maintenance staff provides immediate solutions to any problem. The wireless internet is slow, but it is available! Thanks to the complete staff at this hotel for working so hard to make our stay the best possible.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
SunSuitesSugarland, General Manager at Sun Suites of Stafford, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you personally for your review. It is our pleasure to maintain top quality service to all of our guest It is great to hear that all of the staff here is working together as a team. Once again thank you for your review and hope we can still serve you in the future. Greatly appreciate your business.

Nancy Campos

Been to Sun Suites of Stafford? Share your experiences!