“You have to put up with a few things” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Stafford
San Diego, California
“You have to put up with a few things”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I was in this area because my company had an annual meeting at an office nearby. This trip was paid for by my company, and we are trying to save money, so I chose this hotel as the cheapest chain hotel in the area. But I had to put up with a few things.

The good;

It is inexpensive (my company AMEX rate was $64 a night) the room was clean, and the TV had HBO. Micro and fridge, if I remember. The window actually opened, which I think was neat. They had a few workout machines near the lobby, but I like to run outdoors. This is possible, as there are sidewalks almost everywhere, and crosswalks at the lights. Parking was sufficient. Many restaurants nearby (hotel actually next to Pappadeaux). Walmart at one freeway exit to the north. You could even reach it using the service road.

The not so good:

The first night I arrived I told them their wireless internet did not work in the room. Luckily, I was at the end of the building and was able to log into the hotel next door. 3 days I told them about this, 3 days the system did not work. I know they had someone working on it the 3rd day, but it still wasn't working when I left. And they had no high speed connection in the room, either.

The breakfast was very minimal. But they did provide fresh fruit, which helped.

They had no place to print from a computer. I was told they used to, but it was 'down'.

Two story hotel. No elevator. I don't need that, but some people might.

Funny (if you think so):

Don't sleep nude. The night clerk walked into my room at 1:30am. She mumbled something about "it was listed as vacant" as she looked at a piece of paper, then left. I travel a lot. I've had similar things happen in the past, at other hotels. Luckily, it was a hotel employee (at other hotels, I've had strangers walk into my room, having been given the key by the front desk, by mistake of course). But I had booked a 3 day stay here. My room should not have been listed as 'vacant'.

But, in the end, I can recommend the hotel for the cost, compared to those nearby. I really don't blame any hotel staff. They try.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor at the end of the building. Quiet there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ashley A, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sugarland/Houston/Stafford, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
On behalf of Days Inns & Suites I would like to apologizes that our hotel was not up to your satisfaction. We are in the process of renovating our hotel to fix the issues we have and to update our property. I hope you will reconsider and give our hotel another try and let us prove to you why Days Inn is a good choice to stay at.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We always stay at Days Inn in several locations and have always had a nice stay. This Days Inn was the exception to the rule. The hotel maintenance is way below standard. The toilet seat was hanging on and had to be replaced but did not happen until 9:00pm at night. The towel rack fell down when I reached for a towel. The in-room coffee maker did not work and the television selection were minimal at best. Breakfast was another disappointment, the microwave did not work. Hotel personnel working on the roof hovered in the breakfast area and then were rude. The wall way floor carpet was dirty and the floor was creeky. My daughter's room had two broken doors and the safety lock on the door was broken and unusable. We were very disappointed and will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ashley A, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sugarland/Houston/Stafford, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Very clean place.Staff is very friendly especially the guy that works during the night shift.Rooms are kept very clean.The only problem was that they didn't have a person to help with the luggage when we arrived, and there is not elevator to the second floor, so you have to carry it to your room.But for the price the place is very good .Very quiet.I would come back.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
On behalf of Days Inns & Suites I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. We are in the process of renovating our hotel to fix the issues we have and to update our property. We look forward to your future stays.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

For starters, the staff at this property worked with me extensively on my rate. Usually I reserve ahead of time, even if only a few hours before my arrival. This time I was not able to do so however they guaranteed me the lowest available rate as per the Wyndham Rewards website. I stayed at this hotel over the Thanksgiving 2011 Holiday, where most hotels spike their prices I was cut a break and very impressed with their service. Based on others reviews, I can only assume this hotel has been renovated because my room was a street value (walk in) of 89-99 dollars a night. I payed 49.

Pros: Large rooms, spacious, comfortable bed, good television selection, strong WI FI service, reasonable laundry facilities, basic workout room, standard Days Inn breakfast, great location (multiple restaurants/bars close-by) safe neighborhood / security, friendly staff

Cons: An elevator would be a good plus

For the Days Inn brand I would rate this an 8 out of 10. Overall I would rate this property a 7 out of 10.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This hotel has no elevator, but has two floors. That stinks for the vacation traveler with more luggage. The rooms and halls are not too clean, attention to detail is just not there. Location is great to area attractions, but you will not be comfortable here. The beds are very uncomfortable. It was an inexpensive room, but you truly get what you pay for here!!! The service is pretty poor too.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ashley A, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sugarland/Houston/Stafford, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
On behalf of Days Inn & Suites I would like to apologizes your stay was not up to your standards. We are in the process of renovating our hotel. I really hope once the renovations are done you will give our hotel another shot for us to prove to you why you made the best choice by staying at our hotel.
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I was staying in Days Inn with my families for visiting Houston. The trip must be a happy and warm-gathering family trip outside of home, but it was all screwed up by the hotel. When we arrived after a long international flight, there was no any single room for us upon the clerk said the housekeeper were too busy to clean up. But it cant be a reason why we cant get room with our reservation. Then we found a bounch of cockroaches in the room, seems like we were in a roach-place. We called the front desk but the lady said she was afraid of cockroaches and asked us to wait until another room is available for us. She even refused to come and have a look. We asked the manager's name and number and wanted to get refund of the rest of days. but the same lady told us it is impossilbe to get money back because it is full-payment advanced. We are very disapponted about this hotel and shame who run this business. I have been working in the hotel for more than 10 years, this is my first time to be treated unrespectfully. I think they dont have any ideas of running a hotel business, they dont have proper system, proper training for the clerks even the managers. NO RECOMMEND IT. I dont care how little they charge, the days inn is nothing worthy of money.!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

The Days Inn was at a convienient location outside of Houston. The check-in was easy and quick. We went to our room and upon inspection, we discovered some stains on the bedsheets. We called the front desk, and they sent a lady to take a look. We asked the lady for another room, and we were sent to a room down the hallway. The room had a strong air freshener smell, and appeared clean enough. However, when we took a look at the bathroom, we found an 1 inch baby cockroach crawling on the floor. We called the front desk again, and the same lady came up. She stepped on the cockroach and killed it, and we were moved to another room. At that room, we opened one of the drawers and we discovered something that appeared to be a cockroach eggsack, but we were not certain. However, we had had enough and we checked out and moved to another hotel.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sugarland/Houston/Stafford? Share your experiences!