“HUGE portions. And sooooo good.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 89 Restaurants in Stafford
Houston, Texas
“HUGE portions. And sooooo good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is place is well worth an out of the way visit. It is right behind the Sam's off 59south and Airport rd. large selection, wonderful food, homestyle cooking, always take leftovers. Everything we have ever eaten there has been superb. And when we have family in from out of town we never spend a ridiculous amount of money. Me my husband my mom and dad and our 3 kids go and our bill is never more than 70 bucks. Thats good for 7 people. The portions are so large you could order a kids plate and its still more than what you can eat.

Visited April 2012

Sugar Land, Texas
“Biggest Serving Size you Will Ever See!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This was our first visit. We failed to read the sign at the entrance that said “Please Seat Yourself”, so when we finally did, all was well. The restaurant is a part of a family owned chain. The servings are the biggest I’ve ever seen. They have daily specials that are about $1.00 less than the regular price and you get 2 additional side dishes. The Chicken Fried Chicken (called Chicken Fried Breast) was excellent, as were the French Fries. The Broccoli Cheese dish was delicious, but when I discovered it has rice in it (I’m allergic), I quit eating it; the stuffing/dressing side had way too much sage, but my husband liked it. They served a big basket of rolls and cornbread when we sat down. There were jellies on the table, but we had to ask for butter and honey. Our server disappeared for a long stretch, but did bring our food out piping hot. We definitely will be back when we are NOT dieting. Maybe we’ll have room for what looks like sumptuous desserts. Our check was less than $18 with tax and before tip. A great bargain!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sugar Land, Texas
“NEVER GOING BACK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The place was not very full what so ever, and it took forever to get a table. ythen when we finally got a table a lady walked over and asked for our drink order, i orded a diet coke and my bf asked for a dp we got a rootbeer and coke.then we got our rolls and cornbread( no butter and the cornbread was horrible) . then we waited an easy 15 min for our waiter. our waiter just straight up sucked. im a waitress and as i was looking around they had so many poeple just standing around doing nothing. we clearly needed help, yet i had to get up and personally ask for our boxes togo. now for the food, i got the rib-eye with shrimp and fries, the only thing i liked was the steak(which they overcooked for my taste) the shrimp taste like straight up fish, not shrimp. my bf got the chicken fried steak with mashed potatos. the chicken fried steak was the size of his plate but had so many holes in, it looked like someone stabbed it death. the mashed potatos were ok, little dry though. so finally after we get our bill totall was 31.57, i left exactly that. me and my bf will never be going back to kelly's. Im sticking with the local non-comercial eateries

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Stafford, Texas
“Huge plate of good food great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The restaurant is part of a small chain and fairly new so there are still some teething trouble to be ironed out with the wait staff and kitchen.
That being said the staff are courteous friendly and attentive.
The menu is full of classic home cooking type food and the portions are on the large side. Go hungry. I would happily take my family and friends here.

• Visited August 2011