“Terrific Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Stafford
Lawrence, Kansas
“Terrific Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding. When we departed, my wife left her favorite pillow in the room. We called the hotel and they told us they would hold it until we decided how we would like for them to ship it. I decided that it wasn't worth the effort to have them send it back to us, so I forgot it. A week later I received a call from the hotel and the lady (would love to give her name but maybe that's not a good idea) encouraged me to get on the USPS web site, get a shipping label and email it to her. I did that, and a few days later the pillow arrived.

Bottom line - this is way over and above the kind of service I would expect from any hotel, so I thought this deserved a mention.

This hotel is very clean, and in a very good location in the greater Houston metro area. The people who run this facility evidently are very proud of their hotel, and it shows.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for such a lovely resoponse. We re so happy that you had such a gret experience with us! You're right, we are very proud of our hotel and are very excited that you noticed. We would love to have you back, please come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a terrible experience with courtyard next door and their horrible management but have been here in the past and I will never forget the kind and friendly ways of Linda! Top notch service, genuine smile and warm greetings.

• Stayed February 2013
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you appreciated our Linda! Sorry about your experience next door, but we're glad you found a home at the Residence Inn. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again real soon!
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My son and his bride picked this hotel for friends, family and the wedding party. There were several written directions to the dinners and rehearsal -- and the staff distributed these to our guests as they arrived. Their breakfast was always prepared well and ready to go. I'm not sure how the other reviewer missed all the vegetarian options for breakfasts -- oatmeal, peanut butter, yogurts, fresh fruits; as well as sausage and eggs and salsa and standard stuff. Our rooms were fine -- great comfy mattresses on the beds; and plenty of pillows and extra bedding for the foldout sofa if needed. We felt welcome and comfortable. I would do it all over again with this hotel. No changes.

Room Tip: I didn't ever hear street noise -- the building is a block or more from the frontage road. No o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for such a great review, we are so happy that on such a special occasion we were able to contribute to the joy! Our Staff is genuinely dedicated to making everyone's stay a great one, we're glad that you enjoyed our awesome breakfast and that our staff made you feel special. Please come back soon!
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had a long stay for about 45 days so I chose this one with a kitchen. The staff were helpful with my requests. There is no restaurant (as every suite had a kitchen) which can be uncomfortable at times. Very limited vegetarian options in the breakfast menu (except for breads). Lot of restaurants nearby but none of them offer vegetarian so Vegetarians like me will have hard time if they are not cooking. The food and beverage options (breakfast and evening snacks) look limited compared to its Westheimer cousin.

Rooms were clean but guess they can use some room freshners as the kitchen is integrated with the suite. Bed is cozy and linen changed everyday as customary of any Marriott hotel. This place is near Walmart and Frys which makes it a great candidate for Tech freaks like me. But you will definitely need a car to move around as this lies outside the city.

Overall the experience was good and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel is overlooking the Southwest Freeway so if you want a quiet room, ask for one at the back...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We are near many restaurants, Walmart, Frys, a great mall and town square and the fact that we’re located right on the freeway makes it very convenient to get anywhere. We are very happy that your overall experience was a good one, thank you for your recommendation, we hope to see you again soon!
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Full time business traveler: This hotel is situated on a frontage road adjacent to a busy freeway (freeway noise was not an issue for me at all - I doubt it would be for anyone). Parking is a little tight, however, I do not think you will be left without a space (this is a populated area and that is to be expected). The hotel itself does not stand out. I'd give it a rating of decent to good across the board. Staff was friendly and check in was easy enough. The room itself was standard RI and was in good shape. I noticed a few spots worn down but nothing of any significant consequence to me. In a moment of comedy, the shower rod fell down on me just after a shower, however, I wasn't upset about it. Just one of those things that can happen and probably has not happened to anyone else (the screws holding up one side had become become loose in the wall). The hotel made good on it even though it was a mostly non issue to me (that was nice of them). My wife had accompanied me on this trip and she lost an earring (frantic over it). The staff went way out of their way to help her find it (WAY out of their way to find it - which they did). Big kudos to them for that. That is something that was extraordinarily good of them.
There are lots of food options close by as well as a Walmart just down the street. The location definitely does not lack for access to dinner or store items. If you are from out of town, like me, I advise you to have good directions to the hotel well in hand. This is not a knock on the hotel, this is just the layout of this area.
I would give this hotel a standard recommend. It is not a place of new, standout accommodations but it is warm and comfortable, staff was good and the price-value is very good in my estimation. From the price-value standpoint, it might be the best in the immediate area. If there was a 3.5 I would give it that rating.... but having to choose either a 3 or a 4, the 3 gets the nod ever so slightly over the 4.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed yourself and that you found the hotel to be of great value. Our staff is something that we are very proud of, we're very happy that they went the extra mile and was able to find your wife's earring, I'm sure she was thrilled. We look forward to having you come back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Upon checking into this hotel, Lee was very accommodating, courteous and professional. As my check in process was almost complete, a man (claiming to be a guest of the hotel) walked up behind me and demanded Lee stop what he was doing and call someone on the phone. Politely, Lee indicated he needed just a minute to finish checking me in and then would assist this man with whatever he needed. Within seconds, the man became belligerent and threatening, yelling he had been a guest at the hotel all week and was now being disrespected because Lee was helping me. – As if staying at that hotel gave him the right to be rude for NO reason what so ever. This man’s behavior was COMPLETELY inappropriate. Had I not been at the hotel for business I would have taunted the man simply because he was acting like a such a fool. Lee maintained a calm demeanor and professionalism at all times. The assistant manager, Joe, heard the commotion and immediately addressed the issue, bringing the fiasco to a halt. I’ve seen several situations when people are encouraged to behave as fools because such behavior is usually rewarded with positive results, favoring the fool. Not in this case. Lee and Joe couldn’t have handled this situation any better. Kudos Lee and Joe! :) Adding to the amazing staff is a very nice, well maintained hotel. The rooms are nice and the parking is great. I’d recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience with us. I apologize on behalf of our unruly guest but I’m glad that Lee was able to handle it in a calm and professional manner. We do have an amazing staff if I do say so myself, thank you so much for mentioning Lee and Joe, they’re definitely two of our top “A” players. We’re very excited that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back
Salisbury, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I travel for work 100% so I stay in a lot of hotel rooms. The hotel was clean and they upgraded me (which isn't necessary, but it was nice). They serve breakfast and a light dinner at night. But what would bring me back to this hotel are the PEOPLE. They were so conscientious about making sure I was comfortable and happy, that in and of itself made me very happy. There were no issues with my stay and I would absolutely return if work brought me back to this area. GREAT staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We take pride in our hotel and our staff is truly unique and all “A” players! We’re glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you come back soon! Take care until we meet again!

Been to Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land? Share your experiences!