“Such a nice experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Stafford
Salisbury, Maryland
“Such a nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I travel for work 100% so I stay in a lot of hotel rooms. The hotel was clean and they upgraded me (which isn't necessary, but it was nice). They serve breakfast and a light dinner at night. But what would bring me back to this hotel are the PEOPLE. They were so conscientious about making sure I was comfortable and happy, that in and of itself made me very happy. There were no issues with my stay and I would absolutely return if work brought me back to this area. GREAT staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We take pride in our hotel and our staff is truly unique and all “A” players! We’re glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you come back soon! Take care until we meet again!

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I can't say this was the best hotel I've stayed in before, but it was okay for the price. It was nice to have the kitchen and separate bedroom, but the furnishes (cabinets, vanities, bathtub) were all dated and could use a facelift.

The front desk clerks were so friendly and eager to please.

Room Tip: Good value for the money.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay! We are glad that you found our staff as friendly as they truly are! The hotel was newly renovated in February of this year but we did keep some of the furniture that we felt was in good enough shape to keep. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will have our housekeepers check for any furnishings that may need to be replaced. We look forward to having you come back, we hope to see you soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My Family's stay at The Residence Inn was AWESOME, Erin T. the front desk manager made sure that my family was very comfortable, she was the one I made my reservation with and explained everything to me from the credit card charge to the amenities the Residence Inn would offer my family. My stay was not a business stay, it was a because we moved into a home that was already in foreclosure which put our family in a very unfortunate situation. Linda the evening desk clerk was a sweetheart, and the morning cook Blanca.... was always cheerful, always "Good Morning" with a smile and making sure to say "Have a good day" when you're leaving. The room was nice and clean and housekeeping made sure we had everything we needed. I also like the fact that there were so many eatery's and stores close to the Residence Inn. Then to receive the email from Marco, the Manager was the best. Making you feel that you were not just a guest but treating you like you were family. Last but not least, one morning my vehicle did not want to start and Erin and James took the time to try to give me a hand. This place was our home away from home and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your great experience with us here at the Residence Inn, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We truly are an amazing team because we truly feel that we are all family, and it shows when we get comments like yours. Making you feel like you were in your home away from home is the best compliment you can ever offer, it means everything to us that you felt special, were comfortable and felt like you belonged. Although you will be missed, we are very happy that you get to enjoy your new home, but please don’t forget about us, drop by and say hello!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My company selected this Residence Inn hotel for me as it was close to a new work venue. Coming from Europe, I usually prefer to select my own accommodation as I had some misgivings that being away from the city centre would be reflected in the service and quality of the hotel. Happily this was one of the best surprises of a tough business trip that was eventually extended from 10 days to 30. Rooms are large, comfortable and airy and as the hotel is close to some great restaurants, it made a great business base to operate from. The Residence Inn staff have an unfailing ability to provide a genuine welcome and excellent service which made my next 10 day business trip to Houston an event to look forward to. A great place to stay and somewhere I shall look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Upper front facing rooms are airier and sunnier - rear facing rooms are more tranquil but all are go...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Wow, you touched our hearts with your kind words about your stay. We are so very happy that you enjoyed yourself and will be coming back soon to see us! Our staff is truly genuine and care about every single one of our guests as well as our hotel. The cleanliness, quality of service and friendliness is all an extension of each and every one of us, and we take a lot of pride in that! We enjoyed having you here and making your stay “the best surprise during a tough business trip” and we are very much looking forward to another opportunity of having you with us, can’t wait to see you again!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I can't fault the Residence inn, I've been staying here now for 9 months and have truly appreciated the quality of service that everyone here constantly delivers. The team is professional, courteous and always willing to help to make you feel at home and welcome. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well equipped with every thing you need, add to this a complimentary breakfast and evening meal,and you get a value package that is second to none.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us, that means a lot. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, we miss you already! We do set out to make everyone feel like family and as comfortable as possible while they’re far from home. I am glad we were able to make you fell as such! Please come back to see us again!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had stayed here once before, for four days. This time I was there for 38 days. So I had time to judge!
During this time their service was always consistently wonderful. Wether it was the normal day to day stuff or if it was something in need of a reply/repair/correction...everything was done very quickly, efficiently & without fuss. I had a faulty coffee maker, it was replaced while I was out at my customer on business. I noted the AC was not working properly - fixed by the time I returned from another working day. There was a very bad electrical storm one night and we lost power briefly but it caused their Internet to fail - this took a little longer to correct & we all found gift certificates in our room with a letter of apology. I found each & everyone on their staff to be super friendly, ethusiastic & constantly wanting to make sure I was OK, had everything I needed for a long stay at their residence. The rooms are clean, bright & readily equipped for any type of stay - if you want to save money and cook at "home", then do not worry as the kitchen is very well laid out with a lot of thought gone into the supplies. The dishwasher is super handy, plus the laundry facilities on the second floor make that chore very easy to endure.
They have renovated the outside and are in the process of giving the token swimming pool a make over.
It is also conveniently located near the 59 highway, Wal-Mart, and various restaurants.

Room Tip: first floor - elevator can be a wait & if you stay longer & grocery shop it is easier to car...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience here with us, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Your kind words moved us all and made us very proud to know that we made you feel at home and were able to provide everything it took to make your stay the best possible. We have a wonderful fully renovated hotel, an awesome staff with our guests comfort in mind, plus are very centrally located to shopping, restaurants and entertainment! I guess we’re doing it right! Thank you again, and please come back soon!
titania82
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

From the moment we walked in we knew it was going to be a good stay. The staff was immediately warm and welcoming. The rooms were impressive both from a design, comfort, and cleanliness perspective. While I was on personal travel, I would definitely recommend it for business travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your experience with us here at the Residence Inn. We agree, since our renovation this February, our rooms are very impressive. The spacious suites with the full kitchens and separate living area are extremely comfortable. We’re happy you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Residence Inn Houston Sugar Land? Share your experiences!