“Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Stafford
San Antonio, Texas
“Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I was attending a Women Conference Fresh fire hosted by Triumph Church Sugar Land.I call for reservation spoke with May she was just awesome from beginning to end.They accomandated our group with a space for breakfast. That was not requested so that we could be together.Overall yes I would recommend this hotel and yes I would stay again in a Heart Beat...

Thanks to Entire Staff

Frances & Catherine

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights in November and really enjoyed it. I don't usually post my experiences on tripadvisor, but this place made me want to. It's pretty much the definition of "family run". The staff truly seem to care about quality - from how breakfast is placed, to cleanliness in the rooms, to even how neatly the furniture is arranged. They have a new addition of rooms that apparently is nicer(granite countertops, larger rooms, etc), but even my room in the "old" area was very nice and comfortable. Rooms have microwave, coffee, and there's free breakfast(fresh waffles too) daily. The staff were also very friendly in terms of helping you get to where you need to go, giving you advice on eats, and helping with any needs(I forgot some travel necessities). Bottom line, I have rarely come across a place like this in this day and age - family run, employees who have been there for years, and people who truly care. I was fortunate to meet the owners - who still make the effort to check all the rooms daily and care genuinely about their hotel. I HIGHLY recommend this place. There may be flashier hotels(I've stayed at all of them), but you won't get attention to detail and care...especially for the price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Picture a sofa so uncomfortable you cannot sit on it that has instead of an end table a small refrigerator with a microwave stacked on top of it and a brass lamp suck on top of both. Add plastic flowers and a tiny old TV and there you have it. The TV remote only has up and down, no numbers so you have to cycle through to get the station you want. (Luckily?) there arent many channels to work through. If sitting at the desk you cannot see the TV. You do get what you pay for and the room is cheap, so it may be worth it if you are on a budget. Shower was good with lots of hot water.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Orange, california, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We just finished our "Tour of Texas" anniversary trip and this was the BEST hotel we stayed at (I think we stayed at 6 hotels). To begin with, we didn't prebook any hotel our first day as we arrived in Houston because we thought that we would stay at my cousins that first night we were there. However, our flight came in at 6am and my husband didn't sleep our entire red eye flight so he was not in a good mood. Plus, we thought it would take at least 30-45 min to get out of the airport and another hour or so to get to Sugarland from the George Bush airport. Wrong. I think it was 7am when we arrived at the hotel (it was a Saturday morning, no traffic). So at 7am we didn't want to disturb my cousins from their sleep and decided to find a hotel. It was the second hotel we tried that morning and we were just desperate to find a place to sleep. I have never been able to check into a hotel at 7am and they took us right in. I even asked if we have to pay extra since usually check out is 11am so we were staying for more than 24 hours. Nope, nothing extra and it was only $69 on a Saturday! The front desk girl was very nice and accomodating, as we asked her a few questions about the area. The room itself was pretty large, it was clean and comfy, but don't expect a view unless its the freeway. But that itself was a good thing. Its facing the frontage road so you are close to restaurants, on the other side of the freeway was a large strip mall with lots of restaurants, a movie theatre, bars, etc. Plus its easy to hop on/off the freeway. Breakfast is not so great, just one hot dish and your usual bagels and muffins and a hot waffle you make yourself along with oj, cranberry juice. But the hospitality service at the front desk was definitely memorable esp. for an exhausted couple. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

Great hotel with recently upgraded amenities. Easy access to freeway and shopping. Came for business, ended up staying the weekend and enjoyed it a lot. TVs had plenty of channels, around 45-50, and the breakfast included conitnental items as well as waffles, eggs, and hash browns, so quite filling and more than what would be expected at this tier. Rooms were spacious also.

• Liked — Spacious rooms, nice amenities
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

excellent service from the very beginning

reservation making
breakfast
room service

close to other restaurants
nice front desk people

only con was no computer area

• Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2006

Stayed 4 nights, a very simple hotel that needs some upgrades such as pillowtop Beds and new pillows that alot softer than what they have. ( like sleeping on Bricks)
Poor TV channel selection, I believe only 12 channels.
Poor breakfest compared to other comparitive priced hotels.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!