“Worst front desk” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Stafford
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Worst front desk”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I travel often and have seen it all. But this took the cake. Not being from the area I thought the local front desk would be able to get me a cab, help me find a good eatery and and a wake up call. Incorrect. I had a girl named Kaitlyn I think. She gave me the number to yellow cab so I could call myself, sent me to giant computer for dinner with no further instruction or reconmdation and was told I couldn't have 2 wake up calls and had to pick one. She was very distracted with the computer In front her. I'm not normally one to complain. Customer service training would do this hotel some good.

• Stayed April 2013
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, we definitely apologize that it was not our usual level of customer service. Kaitlyn is one of our top guest service representatives, so this information is very surprising. However, with your feedback we will bring it to her attention, and as you recommended, maintain our efforts to always continue training our staff. Next time you're in town, I would appreciate it if you would please give us another opportunity to do what we do best. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ruidoso, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Once again a great stay at one of my all time favorite hotels anywhere. Two women , kids of different ages , good time had by all. These people are so gracious , so nice, this is what the service industry is all about. Every door opened, a smile and friendly nod from everyone to everyone,( five year olds, seventeen year olds, fifty year olds). Safe, lots of dining choices, all within a stroll from your front door. Always something going on in the square. Chances of seeing an amazing wedding party going on run high on the weekends. The breakfast buffet is delicious . Great people watching in a newly updated lobby. Thanks for another great weekend, we're never disappointed.

Room Tip: We love overlooking the square, can be slightly loud, but can't beat the view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for all the lovely thoughts and comments about our hotel! We are so happy that we make you and your family feel that way. It is our goal to make all our guests feel comfortable and like family, we are thrilled to have accomplished this. We can't wait to have you back to see us again!
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

It was a great visit for my Dad's 88th birthday celebration. All my 3 adults children were there with my hug family reunion. The hotel is closed by and very convenient for visited. Also, many restaurants nearby. We had a great time for BD party, shopping, enjoyed great food and a comfort place to rest. Highly recommend Courtyard if you are coming to Stafford / Sugar land.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful review with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and that you found our top notch staff to be friendly and helpful. Your recommendation means a lot to us, please come back and see us again soon!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Beds are great and staff very friendly and helpful. Some people were not happy about paying for breakfast. Location is right next to freeway but room was still quiet. Close to many places to eat that have a variety of prices.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, we look forwrd to having you come back and visit us soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel and the beds are very restful. We stayed there for our daughter AAU basketball tournament. I would definitely encourage those on business to stay in this location, but for a group of young lady basketball players and their families the pay for breakfast is a bummer.

• Stayed March 2013
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We are delighted that you found our beds to be comfortable and that you would recommend our beautiful hotel to others. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I understand the cost of breakfast for so many young girls, but we feel that the Bistro is very well priced and has items to fit any budget, I hope you found that as well. We look forward to having you come visit again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I were here overnight and Kaitlyn at the front desk was super-friendly and helpful. One staff member made a special trip to find a cart we needed.

The lobby is gorgeous and up-to-the minute with small flatscreens by some booths with a remote-- you can choose the channel so that you didn't have one big screen with what you didn't want to watch blaring at you. Lots of outlets too, plus complimentary coffee and tea; you can really camp out there and get work done if you need to.

I also appreciated the well-stocked little fitness center and wifi which was easy to access. Having a lobby coffee bar with a limited Starbucks menu was amazing! And it was convenient to have a little bistro with selection of drinks/snacks/sundries. The hotel was also well-designed in that the hall to the pool and gym were directly off the lobby rather than down the hall from rooms so that people weren't tramping past all hours of the day and night. Our room was very clean, bed soft, smooth elevator, nice quiet hallways.

The only drawback was not having a minifridge in our room. All other annoyances were minor: There was mildew/water damage starting on one of the bathroom pictures, and the handle of the shower was cranked so tightly that if my husband weren't there to unstick it, I don't know what I would have done. Food at the bistro wasn't great but at least it wasn't outrageously priced, and our server remembered the "regular" order of the guest behind us, which impressed me. When we checked out there was some drama with the bill; we tried to use a Visa gift card for part of the bill but it was rejected by the system for some reason. If we'd have had the time I guess the staff might have called and figured it out, but we were on a tight schedule and had to run. So I lay the blame for that one mostly on Visa.

In all, very good stay; I would definitely stay again and recommend it to friends. Thanks Courtyard :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the great things you said about our hotel, we’re so happy that you found all the amenities to your liking. I am however disappointed that there was a little of annoyances with your stay and I truly hope that you told our front desk about these things so that they can be communicated to the right person, ensuring that it doesn’t happen again. We would have loved to put a mini refrigerator in your room for you; we have several that we use for just guests with these needs. The other issues our maintenance department would have been able to fix it right there and then, or we could have moved you to another room. We strive for a 100% wonderful experience for all our guests! Once again, thank you for your comments, and we hope to have you back again real soon, please contact me prior to your next visit so that I can make sure your room is inspected by our Manager to make sure that next time you are no small annoyances.
Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was happy with all aspects of our stay, but I was especially impressed with the staff, from the "Bistro" who served guests before officially opened as they were setting up, to three different front-desk staff who greeted us enthusiastically, joked with us as we checked out and graciously offered toothpaste and a band aid when needed. The hotel was clean and very well maintained.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We love our staff too! Thank you for taking time to letting us know how we did and how pleased you were with everything. We hope that you come back real soon, we'd love to have you again!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land? Share your experiences!