“EXCELLENT service and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Stafford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
thextravelprincess
“EXCELLENT service and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for business and this hotel has the best staff I have ever seen at a hotel. Every single staff member made sure I had every thing I needed from the front desk to the cafe. Very impressive. The hotel is super clean and has everything that you need. Couldn't ask for anything more!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Our goal is to make sure that every guest has the great experience you had, thank you so much for sharing and letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you stay with us again! Come back soon!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I just returned from spending 3 days at the Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land. The hotel has been completely renovated and has been extremely well attended. The staff were wonderful, especially Nick who greeted me with a smile when I arrived (after 8 hrs of travel) and welcomed me back to the hotel every night with a cheery inquiry about my day. It made me smile every time. The room was very clean. The bathrooms are updated and well stocked. There was free internet available throughout the hotel. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The only concern I had when I first arrived was the proximity to the highway, but after the first few hours I no longer noticed the traffic noise. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your time and your wonderful comments about your stay at our Courtyard! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our renovations have been recent and truly make the hotel look like new, it is clean, alive and vibrant! Since the entire hotel was renovated, everything is new, as you experienced, from our comfortable pillows to our complimentary updated internet access. Thank you for mentioning Nick, he is definitely one of our super stars that are truly happy when making our guests happy! The nearby highway does not seem to be noticeable when in the room, however it gives easy access to many nearby locations! Thank you for visiting us, we hope to see you again soon!
North Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This property offers a stellar location to get to the great scenes and attractions in Sugarland. We decided to get away right in Houston and visit the Natural Science Museum.. The hotel was impeccably tidy and fine appointed within its class.

Outstanding and remarkable in its particular customer service capacity; the hotel made every effort to ensure our comfort. We rented 3 rooms and we were a large party of 7 adults and 5 kids. Our kids were pretty noisy but the hotel helped us with that by giving us time to settle in and working with our family to help us get checked in because it was pretty late. Nick at the front desk along with the entire team there made us feel right at home away from home. We will be back. Oh, they also allowed us to craft and have a family dinner in the bistro.

Room Tip: The directions helped us find this place it is across the freeway from the fountains. Ask them whic...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your great stay with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed yourselves and that your family was well taken care of. Our location is perfect for a night away, we are minutes away from not only the Natural Science Museum, but many restaurants, shops and entertainment spots. Plus our newly renovated hotel along with our stellar staff, make it all that more pleasurable. Please come back and see us soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel this month and was so happy. I was greeted by the kindest man named Nick. He instantly greeted me and really seemed to care about what brought me to town. He took several steps to insure I was completely happy with my room. I was overwhelmed with positive feelings of my stay due to this pleasant experience. I was checked out by a tall blonde woman who was also very pleasant. This hotel also has a Bistro that has delicious food. My breakfast service was less then amazing but was made up for by a blonde bartender at night. Overall I would suggest staying here to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us here at the Courtyard Sugar Land. Our goal is to make every guest feel like they are welcomed and valued, we’re glad that Nick made you feel that way because I know he truly does. Our Bistro is a great amenity here at the Courtyard, we’re glad that you were able to enjoy it, not only does it serve fresh, made to order breakfast every morning, but it also serves light dinner options in the evening, enhanced by a full bar. We look forward to having you back, please come back and see us soon!
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

this review is equally about Patricia personally as well as the staff at Couryard Sugar Land. the location was perfect right off of Southwest freeway. I had a great weekend in Houston. Patricia specifically went above and beyond to ensure that I had a comfortable stay. She recognized me as a marriott elite and upgraded my room and remedied a mistake by a previous staff member. She is knowledgeable and helpful and Im very happy she was there to make my stay much better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your great stay with us. We love Patricia as well, she is definitely one of our many A players! She truly enjoys her job and loves our guests, as you saw firsthand. The Courtyard is very centrally located and easily accessible to major businesses, shopping, entertainment and restaurants as well as having a wonderful staff! Please come back and see us real soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff all offered a enthusiastic and welcoming personality, great rooms and great amenities. Also the location of the Hotel is not far from fast food restaurants and big name sit down restaurants like Papadaux seafood.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with TripAdvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel to be well located in the midst of lots of shopping, entertainment, businesses and restaurants. Our staff is wonderful and hope to see you back again soon!
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

A couple times a year I travel to Stafford on business, so I usually stay here. It's a nothing-fancy but perfectly comfortable place to stay for a night or two while on business. Only issues I noticed on this week's trip were very small: the adjustable shower head didn't adjust and was stuck on hard pulse mode (fine but a little hard on the face since their water pressure is very good), and the room was hot and humid when I first got there, but cranking up the AC unit took care of that after a while. Also, any time I showed up in the lobby the staff were always asking after my comfort and were always asking if I had any problems: very attentive.
They don't have an restaurant, but there is a small cafe in the lobby with limited, but decent offerings for breakfast before heading out to work. There are "healthy choice" items as well.
Important Stuff: The lobby and the rooms are clean. No sign of bugs, mold, etc.
I'll continue to stay here when business sends me down that way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Olga1002, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us and letting us know how attentive our staff was to your needs. Our newly renovated hotel and sleeping rooms were designed with the guest in mind, I’m glad you felt comfortable with us. I do however, apologize about the hard pulse on the shower head, but I hope you gave us the opportunity to fix it for you. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and will continue to come back, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land? Share your experiences!