“Bad service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Spring
Houston, tx
“Bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

When checking in at 8:40pm - the front desk (who I did not get his name) stated I did not have a reservation. After showing him my email confirmation, he again stated that he didn't have a reservation for me. He asked when I made the reservation and I said the day before. I showed him my ID so he could get my exact name.
He shuffled through some papers and asked if I was from Georgia. I said no, I'm from Texas. He then called a gentleman in room 118 down to the front office and ask him if he was (insert my name here) Front desk showed gentleman the paperwork (with my name on it). The gentleman said no, he was (name sounds a lot like mine). Front desk asked if he was from Georgia. The gentleman said no, he was from Boston.
The gentleman went back up to his room, and I asked front desk about my room. Front desk said he again didn't have anything for me. I asked him to call a manager to clarify the situation. Front desk said it was too late and the manager couldn't be called. So - I called Expedia. Expedia called the hotel, while I stood there. Front desk shuffled some papers, admitted there was a mix-up and they hung up.
Front Desk gave me a room, with the same paperwork the gentleman signed. We crossed out the 118 room number and wrote mine.
If he had just looked at the Gentleman's ID and noticed the name on the reservation did not match, there would have been less chance of an issue.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed here on a road trip. Was a bit hard to find, as it is on a highway access road that is tricky to get to.
Clean, comfortable room. Polite service from the front desk. Walking distance to grocery and dining, although not easy to walk in this neighborhood.
Sink leaked a bit, which suggests delayed maintenance.

Room Tip: No views of interest. I faced the highway but the room was quiet anyway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Plano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Not too many hotels still have the bulky/heavy TV sets. Inform Guests the time of the Continental Breakfast. The microwave and refrigerator was great to have in the room. For our short

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

EAST MEADOW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Booked through Hotels.com, the rate for this hotel averaged out to about $50 per night. Normally, you wouldn't expect much for that, but this property is the exception that proves the rule. You CAN get a large, clean, well cared for room at a great price. This property is right on the I-45 southbound service road, and can be tricky to see from the road - but keep looking, it's worth it. Room was very clean throughout, the bathtub could use a new caulk job, but was very clean, as was the toilet, floor, and sink area. Bed was clean and comfortable, and the a/c unit got the room nice and cool despite a late fall 92 degree day. Breakfast was cold cereal, pre-wrapped pastries, plus a waffle station, coffee and juice. Office staff was friendly and helpful, and maintenance responded quickly when I had a minor problem with the lock on my room. Only negative is the wireless internet, which for most of my two night stay was not reliable, and kept dropping off with no warning. Called the front desk, they re-set the router, but the problem didn't clear up until late on my second night. Overall, a good clean property in a good location, and definitely worth looking for.

Room Tip: Be aware, there is no elevator; to get to my room on the 3rd floor, it was 30 steps up the staircase...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Spring/The Woodlands? Share your experiences!