“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - The Woodlands

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - The Woodlands to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - The Woodlands
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Valley Wood Road, Spring, TX 77380 (Formerly Crossland Economy Studios)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Spring
Spring, Texas
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

From the moment I walked in until I checked out . I was treated by a friendly & courteous staff. The rooms were above average & very clean. The location is great!!! I will be back. I especially liked the weekly rate & the friendly staff & the rooms were very nice for the price. The only negative was the hot water in the shower was not as hot as I like it. But I'm sure they would have tried to fix the problem had I asked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that our hotel treated you friendly and courteous. I am also glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and that the hotel is in a great location!!! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I checked in on a Friday evening. The front desk clerk that helped me was totally awesome. She works at a different Extended Stay as well and she knows customer service. Excellent employee. That is the only one I encountered there in my 2 week stay, including the knuckle head customer service reprehensive Loraine or Loretta she kept changing her name, assumedly at their corporate headquarters.

2 days into the stay the air conditioner started leaking on the carpet, it had froze up and it was like Niagara falls. I called the front desk and the female (absolutely not the one that checked me in) told me that I could change rooms, but there would be a "cleaning fee" for me to pay when I moved into a different room.

Either I had to pay to move because their air conditioner was faulty and destroying their already filthy carpet making the room stink worse than it did to start with, not to mention putting my well being at risk, or I could sit in a swamp. That was the 2 choices that the night clerk handed me. I sat in the swamp until the next morning and spoke to the day crew who offered to give me a different room. They didn't offer to do so much as help me carry a bag.

The second room was not as clean as the first room. But at least the carpet was dry. 7 days into staying in that room the battery in the lock on the door messed up and I couldn't get in. I went to the office and told them and they said they would come up and fix it. They didn't say they were going to wait until the night before I checked out to do it.

After asking the manager to come fix it, I figured it would finally be fixed and I would have a working lock to the room I paid cash for and rented for 2 weeks. I waited the first day for someone to fix it and when that didn't happen I went back to the office and asked the Manager again, he was eating his supper and after being up all night working and all day waiting for them to come fix it, I went back to the room where I had to leave my door cracked to get back in and I went to bed. The lock never got fixed that day.

The next day I asked 3 times and when it never got fixed I contacted their customer service (980) 345-1600 and got this nitwit Loraine or Loretta (kept changing her name), thinking that I might be able to get them to call the motel and talk to someone about getting the lock fixed. I was wrong.

She didn't care about the issues, all she cared about was the fact I must owe them money or I wouldn't be locked out. She INSISTED the only reason my lock wouldn't be working is because I owe THEM money, no other reason.

I tried to explain to this idiot that I paid cash for 2 week, she insisted that I had not and I was being locked out for lack of payment. I told her to call the front desk and ask them, but for whatever reason she deemed it a better angle to tell me I hadn't paid and tell me over and over.. if I wanted to be let back in my room, I have to pay what I owe them.

She refused to give me a supervisor. She said they didn't have any. That might just be the problem right there.

Basically I was screwed out of 4 days that I paid for because I didn't get what I paid for which was a clean, safe dry room that I had 24 hour access to. The rooms aren't all that great to start with, so the games these people play with their guests make them unlivable!

I checked out instead of staying 2 months as I had planned. They made it very clear that my business is not important to them on any level.

They didn't offer me the slightest refund for the crap they put me through, not a voucher, not a percentage off. Nada. Which goes to show just how comfortable they are in treating guests like scum. It is the way this place conducts business. And the call center idiot, what can I say but she must have worked here at some point in time.

If you want to stay at an Extended Stay go to the one on 45 by Bush airport. It is an EXCELLENT property. I stayed there before coming here so I wouldn't have to drive so far, but it was a HUGE mistake. It may cost a little bit more down at the other one but the rooms down there are spotless and the employees are the best of the best. Don't waist your time or money here.

I sent this review to the corporate headquarters since I never heard back from them when Loraine or Loretta said she would call me back after she verified that I was not locked out do to lack of payment. I never heard back from them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Robert S, I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've been at the hotel for little over a year now and never had any problems or issues. The location is great and is close to everything like shopping, dining, concerts etc. It's well kept and everything is upgraded and I love it. They have 32 inch flat screens in every room, new beds, free grab and go breafast every morning with fresh fruit and hot coffee. Samantha in the office is super awesome and so friendly she really goes out of her way to make sure that everyone is happy and always has a smile on her face.

• Stayed December 2012
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of Extended Stay America-The Woodlands. It's great to hear that you enjoy the location and that it is close to nearby restaurants, shops, grocery and concerts at the Woodlands Cynthia Woods Pavilion. I am also very pleased to hear that the recent upgrades at the hotel have made us your continued home away from home. We have added the Grab N Go breakfast, free internet, mattresses and flat screen TVs. It’s always nice to hear that the staff is very friendly and glad that Samantha has made your stay very enjoyable!! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to continuing to enjoy your stay with us!
NYNY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here for a week and that was 7 days to long. The "kitchen" was nasty, all of the dishes were greasy and had dry food on them, yet, they were unwilling to come clean it up. If I wanted them to clean their mess up, they wanted a cleaning fee, even though it was their filthy mess to start with.

There is no front desk clerk at night. Someone moved in next to me and then brought a dog in at 1 in the morning. The dog did nothing but bark all night long. Then it started to storm and water came in from around the door soaking the carpet and totally stinking up the room. I asked to be moved and was told... sure but I would have to pay a cleaning fee. WHAT??? Yes. a cleaning fee.

Then at 9:00 in the morning the fire alarm went off not once but 4 times. Again, no customer service. They didn't bother to call the room and explain to me that it was a false alarm. I had to call them and ask them. G H E T T O!

Do yourself and your family a favor and stay in a cardboard box under a bridge. It will be cleaner and quieter, and a bum will surely answer your questions far better than this uninformed and lazy staff who are only interested in shaking you down for more money once they get you in this place with no refunds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The kitchen and dirty dishes you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Also, the dog barking and the storm water entering the room and not being well maintained is extremely disappointing. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going through training and re-inspect all rooms and common areas. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hwd@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place is set up to be just what it is-a convenient and relatively inexpensive place to sleep, cook, enjoy widescreen TV and know that no rowdys are allowed. I like to keep to myself, but when I have needed something, the staff is right there to assist. It is close to everything, but the people that live in this area know that this hotel is a special place and it seem to watch after those here. Bryan, Ashley, Merle and the director of maintenance, Alfred, are all first-class and there to serve. Very pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: There is no pool or restaurant, but nice restaurants within walking distance across the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that enjoyed your stay and that the staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Angeles City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'm a frequent visitor to the Woodlands and have logged many nights in hotels. I wrote a review for Super 8 which is my most common destination. However, on trips where I was staying weeks, I would go to the Extended Stay.

What I liked was the kitchen. It was nice to have the kitchen utencils (when they were actually there) and the ability to heat food up. My wife was there a few times and cooked a few meals for us when we were tired of restaurants.

What I dislike is the staff. There used to be a manager there that was terrible. Nothing got done, things didn't work, rooms were missing items, and regardless of your complaint, you were ignored. Whether that has changed or not is unknown.

I also dislike the internet. THEY CHARGE for internet access. Shame on you ESA.

Walls are thin and you hear everything from room to room. ESA is filled with people staying semi-long time and you often have people outside their rooms, or on the balconies smoking and talking ... often into the night.

In comparison, the rooms are small but cozy and the television worked. I can't say the same for the remote controls - I can't tell how many times I have had to complain about not being able to change channels.

If you need a hotel room for multiple nights or weeks, and you can tolerate a few of the aggravations, then ESA is the place to go ... full kitchen, large bathroom, nice refrigerator and microwave.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Joe - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Please know, I have addressed the issues outlined in your review with the entire staff. We will use your feedback as a way to improve and shape our future policies.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We made group reservations a year in advance at this location for the Texas IronMan. The week of the race, this hotel called us and told us that they bumped us and will not be honoring our reservation. This caused complete chaos because we were traveling in from out of state. Finally, we got everything resolved after a lot of back and forth. When we checked in they put 3 of the 4 non-smoking reservations in smoking rooms. The rooms were very run down looking. The comforter and sheets must be the originals from when the hotel first opened. Our towles were not changed out after the first night. We requested more when management informed us they were out of fresh towels and their washer was broken. They told us we would have towels before the end of the day. We did not receive fresh towels until the next morning. On top of all of this, the staff was very rude and needs some serious customer service training. We never received one apologie. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody!! We travel a lot and have stayed at some pretty bad hotels but this one tops the list, mainly because of the staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - The Woodlands, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Economy Houston - The Woodlands. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your issue in a way that might be able to help future customers. It's very important to us that our guests know exactly what to expect when staying with us - a great room at an exceptional rate. In order for us to continue offering such value, we maintain fully staffed front desk hours between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. During other times, our overnight staff is always available to check in guests and assist with other issues.

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - The Woodlands? Share your experiences!