“A quaint, Southlake spot with so-so BBQ” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Southlake, Texas
“A quaint, Southlake spot with so-so BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Many people I know (most who've grown up in Southlake) RAVE about Feedstore, and quite frankly, I don't get it! I've been half a dozen times, tried almost every item on their menu and never walked away terribly satisfied. Dryness seems to be an unfortunate trait of most their meats, especially the brisket. The potato salad tastes store bought and their prices leave you scratching your head...and not in the good way! But seeing as their sandwiched between million dollar homes on White Chapel Rd. I don't get the impression they're worried about scaring away customers. In closing, if you give in to the 'hype' surrounding the place, order the ribs. Otherwise, make sure you have PLENTY of iced tea!

Visited May 2012

Euless, Texas
“Just another average Texas BBQ restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Nothing special about this place. Like many BBQ joints, you order at a counter where they have sides that have been sitting who knows how long. The meats are OK but nothing special.

Visited April 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Always a go to spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

When we moved to this area in 1997, The Feed Store was actually a feed and tack store for the local ranches. When the ranches got bought up for McMansion's obviously something had to give. So, out with the feed for cows and horses and in with the feed for you and I.

We've been coming here since they opened and have seen the menu and the store expand. We love the ribs (I buy them frozen and reheat at home cause I can't do them this good on my BGE) as well as the pulled pork and briskett. The fried okra is good as well. The only thing I wouldn't do again is the chicken fried steak. There's a place in Roanoke which I believe does it better.

Anyway, my family is a big fan of this place and when we are in the mood for BBQ this is where we go. We've done a lot of
of the big name BBQ spots in Texas and The Feed Store holds their own. Give them a try.

“The best BBQ around.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

There food is always fresh. I have never had anything badinage this place and the people there are very friendly.

Visited June 2012
“pricey but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

pricey but solid, been in the neighborhood for years

Visited May 2012