“Consistently Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kirby's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 107 Restaurants in Southlake
Cross street: Southlake Blvd
Coppell, Texas, United States
“Consistently Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We have eaten at Kirby's more times than I can count. It is consistently and without exception a wonderful evening. When possible, we request Keith as our waiter. He has been taking care of us for at least 7 years. Steaks can occasionally be cooked slightly more thoroughly than requested so keep this in mind when you order. Wonderful wine selection. Salmon is consistently wonderful. Apple walnut chopped salad awesome. Live music on weekends is very nice but not so loud to be bothersome. The only problem we have ever had has been trying to get service at the bar. Esp. on weekend evenings it is a popular hangout for a slightly older dating scene and can be difficult if you aren't there for that type of "socializing". Make a reservation - esp. on weekends. Valet is prompt although a little silly as there is plenty of parking (very nice is it's cold or windy though). This is our go-to place for birthdays, graduations, or any night we are just ready for a wonderful meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Quality didn't match price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went on a Sunday night and found ourselves waiting for service a lot. We had a reservation and got right to our table and that was the quickest thing that happened all night. We waited about 35 min to get our drinks after we ordered them and then when we got our meal I thought the quality was far from the price I have had just as good of a steak at much less expensive places my wife had the filet and lobster tail it was good but not $95 good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, TX
“Another Great Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Took the family to Kirby's last night to celebrate my son's promotion and his leaving tomorrow for his first operational assignment in Hawaii. I've been there twice before and the food was excellent and we wanted a "sure thing" for this occasion so we went back. We weren't disappointed.
Our waiter was good (though it wasn't very busy so it really wasn't a test of the staff) and very attentive (bordering on too attentive but it was ok). Three of us had the filet and my daughter had the Chicken Caesar salad. The filets were cooked perfectly and were very tender. (I like mine medium-rare but had never seen the option to order a steak cooked Pittsburgh. That's medium rare inside and charred on the outside. I tried it that way and it was very good.)
My daughter liked the taste of the Caesar salad with a couple of comments. First of all, why would you serve the leg bone of the chicken in the salad. I'm sure it has to do with the presentation but really? It kind of grossed her out. And secondly, the lettuce hadn't been cut up at all. So she had to really go after it with a knife and fork. Again, probably for presentation but not worth the hassle.
For sides, we had the mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and the mac and cheese. All were wonderful!
It wasn't an inexpensive dinner ($225) but it was worth it for this occasion. We will be going back but probably not until another special occasion comes around.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grapevine, Texas
“Sunday hangout ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

When it is Sunday, it seems we end the day at Kirby's. Max has done a great job taking care of us at the bar. He makes a mean Mexican martini if you are so inclined. We ordered their chopped salad which was excellent. We come here often and Definitely recommend this restaurant. Excellent for service and food.

Euless, Texas
“Cronus”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I went to Kirby's for the first time in a number of years and I am sorry I did. The service was adequate but I was very disappointed with the steak. I do object to Golden Corral quality at Pappa's or Smith and Wolensky prices. My steak was tough and if it was half of the advertised size, someone had a thumb and three fingers on the scale. If you are in the area, go to Bob's or Silver Fox in Grapevine.