“Descent Sushi” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Texas
“Descent Sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Walked in and had a nice vibe to the place. The waiter that took care of me was lost the entire meal, I told him first time and for some recommendations, but didn't seem interested. The Miso Soup seemed to lack flavor I ordered multiple rolls to get a sample and descent.

Visited September 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Have to Agree with others here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Bullet points as per my usual reviews:

1) Cheap COLD Saki
2) HUGE list of rolls (with photos) approx 30
3) Impressive list of sashimi and sushi boats/combos (approx 25)
4) Inventive!!! This is one thing that usual mainstream suburb spots FAIL to do, SushiZen actually makes a roll with BANANA!! Hands down the coolest and the most creative set of rolls I have seen.
5)Staff- the girl we had serve us had no personality at all, but the guys behind the glass were fun and excited that we go the Diablo Roll.

6) Diablo Roll is CRAZY Hot. (see picture) Has Ghost Chili sauce on it!!
7) Next time in DFW I will drive here no matter where my hotel is.

• Visited August 2013
“Best Sushi in DFW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love going to Sushi Zen. It's never to crowded and the sushi is always great! If your looking for fresh sushi and a laid back atmosphere, this will be worth going to!

• Visited June 2013
Irvine, California
“Almost perfect!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

So... deciding dinner with my family is usually a clash of preferences - and sushi is usually the great divider since my son was usually close to hating it. We adventured to this place in Southlake in a small strip mall and were definitely well surprised. The food quality is outstanding, the combination of flavors is well accomplished and the portions are adequate. My son ended up saying... I still don't like sushi but I love Sushi Zen - go figure. The only speck during our experience was the level of attention from the waitress. We struggled to capture her attention and when we did she was apparently not very enthused with her job... otherwise I would have given this restaurant a 5 rating - By the way... we would return... now at least we all have sushi in common.

• Visited June 2013
Southlake, Texas
“Excellent Sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We drive by Sushizen quite frequently and finally decided to give it a go. My family now has a new favorite sushi restaurant - and we have tried them all! It is in a strip center and once inside, I was pleasantly surprised by the relaxed and comfortable atmosphere - not to mention the good music playing!
Our sushi was very fresh -tried a few rolls from the nightly specials and enjoyed them all. Service was attentive and friendly.
I have now been suggesting Sushizen to all my friends. Can't wait to return!

• Visited January 2013