“Best trail ride ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Southlake
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided Horseback riding on Lake Grapevine between Dallas and Fort Worth. This short scenic jaunt allows you to experience the great outdoors while travelling along the shores of Lake Grapevine and enjoying the natural wooded trails. Our Lake Grapevine ride is 2 hours and costs $90 per person. By Appointment only.
Hillrose, CO
“Best trail ride ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

My husband and I went to Texas and found this trail ride on our way back. It was a 2 hour ride which we were glad to do more than just an hour. We did not have a hard time finding the place, just were not sure the location was correct as the neighborhood is not what I pictured for a "trail ride". Extremely huge and expensive houses in the neighborhood. David was very informative and helpful, and explained more than anyone ever had to us about what to do and how to handle the horses. We have been to trail rides in the past in Wyoming, Colorado, Texas and Hawaii and this was by far the best trip we have had. He talked to us the whole trip, let us do more than a walk pace, nose to tail, and took wonderful pictures for us during the whole ride. Horses are very well cared for, and are obviously not your typical "trail horses" that get little attention, these were more of his pets. If we head back to Texas, we will stop by again, and I would love to do an even longer ride anytime!

Visited September 2011

Argyle, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“So much fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Went with my son and my husband. I'm pretty experienced with horses, but my family....not so much. We did a two hour ride, and thoroughly enjoyed going around the lake. The guide took pictures of us on our horses, for keepsakes. Beautiful trail, and good horses. Worth it.

Visited January 2011
Montréal
“Amazing horse ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

My friends and I had a great time. The horses were clean and well trained. David is a great teacher! I will go back anytime!

Visited August 2011
New York
“Best horseback riding in Texas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

My friend and I went to Texas to visit my brother in medical school. The only thing we wanted to do was go horseback riding, and after some research we decided to choose Widowmaker. You can tell from a mile away these horses are extremely cared for and are in great condition. David, the owner, led the way through a beautiful, and fun trail. The horses were extremely docile, and seemed to be well trained as they were easy to ride for even a beginner like me! David gave us a ton of information on riding, gave us simple and easy instruction, and was always there to help during the ride. I never once felt uncomfortable or scared during the ride. At the end he even gives you a souvenir cup which he welcomes you into his home to fill with water! It was honestly one of the best experiences of my life, and I would recommend this trail ride to anyone!!

Visited July 2011