“Wonderful Seafood...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 118 restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: HWY 114
Description: Savor the freshest Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and our fresh-catch weekly updated seafood menu. Enjoy tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection and over 100 fine wines and full bar.
Franklin, Tennessee
“Wonderful Seafood...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We had a party of four adults and one child. The server was exceptional and was certainly of the level you would expect for this type of restaurant. The managing partner stopped by our table to make sure that we had everything that we needed and seemed genuinely interested in ensuring that our visit was exceptional.

I had the South African lobster, my wife the king crab and we had some other apps like BBQ Shrimp that were incredible. I did not have a vote of a single thing that I did not enjoy.

The next day I got a phone call making sure that our experience was all that was expected. It was. The only warning is bring the wallet as it is pricey, but in my view, a nice treat once in awhile.

Visited December 2013

80% Recommend
Buda, Texas
“Best Happy Hour in Southlake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Truluck's has a great happy hour with good prices. They have a half off bar menu and discount prices for there signature drinks and good wine. The bar menu is excellent, especially the kobe sliders, the hot and crunchy shrimp, and the crab cake. Have a friend who is in love with their ceviche. Get there early (starts at 4:30) because many times by 5 there isn't a table left. Very cozy atmosphere and great people watching. There are some regulars, guests staying at the nearby Hilton, people that work the shops at town square, and the occasional professional athlete. The service is excellent as the staff goes above board to get you what you need.

Hurst, Texas
“Excellence in Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Truluck's is one of the few places my wife and I go for special occasions and to enjoy fine dining at its best. Last evening, in typical fashion, was another memorable experience at Truluck's in Southlake Square. From the Managing Partner, Mike, kindly holding the door open for us when we arrived to Marissa and others on the wait staff who attended to our needs during dinner, we once again enjoyed exellence in fine dining at Truluck's. We started off with the Tuna Tartare Tower as an appetizer ... the freshness of the ingredients and the presentation was first class. For our main course I had the Blackened Redfish Ponchartrain (amazing) and my wife had the Mussels in Tomato Herb Butter (her favorite) and the Knife & Fork Ceasar salad. Needless to say it was yet another reason why we keep coming back, time after time.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Professional - the way it should be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I took my wife to Truluck's (Southlake) for her 33rd birthday. We've visited this location before and I remember it as a good meal. I made a reservation using OpenTable and I denoted her birthday in the 'Comments' section of my reservation. What a surprise to learn that Truluck's actually reads those. I can't say the same about many reservations we've made. We showed up a little early and were seated right away in a cozy booth. The only downside to the seating location was its proximity to the bar which was busy and loud due to happy hour. No big deal.

We ordered entrees and they were perfectly done. While we waited, the manager came over and introduced himself and told us that he was aware of my wife's birthday and that he'd send dessert. He also came back by later to check out how we liked the food. I saw him throughout the evening checking with other tables as well. Very professional and felt genuinely concerned about our experience. The meal was fantastic.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call on the following Monday from Truluck's about my dining experience. The call was not bothersome and was just a check to make sure I was satisfied. Again, this is a very professional task that most places won't bother with once they've got your money. Clearly, Truluck's care about repeat business and that's so refreshing!

We'll be back for sure...great experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saginaw, Texas
“Greatest Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Called this morning and set a reservation for my husband birthday. Rob was so kind and since we had never eaten here he made it so easy to get everything set up. Chris the manager on duty made a point to come by several times to check on us but to also wish my husband a happy birthday. We decided to eat off the date night menu that is on their website, which by the way is very reasonably priced. My husand had the lobster bisque soup and the crab cake dinner and I had the dinner salad and pork chop. I believe with out a doubt that was the best and biggest port chop I have ever had. Our waitress Cindi was very nice and did a great job waiting on us. The experience was top notch and would highly recommend this place. I have already been spreading the word to all my friends and just left there about an hour ago. Put this on your bucket list of places to get, trust me you will not regret it!

• Visited October 2013