“Good when you've been in water all day” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Shrimp Haus Restaurant features gulf views and great food. With 101 ways to eat shrimp, plus steaks, seafood, burgers, pizzas and more, all served in a family-friendly environment, the Shrimp Haus is well-known for its diverse, reasonably priced menu. Boasting the Island's best margaritas and featuring live entertainment most evenings, the Shrimp Haus is open year-round. Located adjacent to the Schlitterbahn Beach Resort and Waterpark, the restaurant caters to a wide array of guests. Signature dishes include Coconut Fried Shrimp, Lobster Burritos and Fried Ice Cream.
West Columbia, Texas
“Good when you've been in water all day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The shrimp wasnst bad. It didn't taste frozen but I'm sure they were. It was expensive. I enjoyed watching my kids on the boogie bahn while I ate. The salad was fresh. Would eat here again. It was conveinent.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks for visiting and commenting afterwards on your Shrimp Haus.....the shrimp did not taste frozen because we purchase all of our shrimp directly from the local shrimp boats to provide the tastiest, freshest shrimp around.

Also glad to hear you enjoyed our large, fresh salad bar and enjoyed watching the action down below at the famous Boogie Bahn inland surfing wave.

Hope you also had the opportunity to enjoy the live entertainment and the views of the Gulf and beaches with the second story views.

Hope to see you again soon!!

“Great Food & Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We ordered 4 different shrimp plates off the menu and everything was great down to the portion size.

Visited June 2013
Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thanks for your comments about your recent visit. I can see you are shrimp fans by your choosing four of our many different shrimp offerings. We also try to make sure you have a full plate too! :o)
Hope you enjoyed the great gulf view and we hope to see you again soon trying some of the other shrimp dishes or some of the many beef, chicken and salad offerings.
Prosper, Texas, United States
“Not thst great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The menu has alot of good sounding shrimp dishes but we were very disappointed in the food my husband had Sauteed Shrimp with Cilantro and Pineapple, the shrimp was bland tasted fishy the and the vegetables had no flavor to them, the pineapple cilantro salsa was the only thing that was good on the plate. I had the Pepper Jack Cheese Stuffed Shrimp
served with garlic jalapeno cream sauce, the crust on the shrimp hard and over fried, the sauce tasted like flour paste there was no garlic or jalapeno in sauce had no flavor what so ever. This was our first time here, the two dishes we had I would not recommended they do have a salad bar that was good and it has a nice atmosphere.

Visited April 2013
Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
I appreciate your sharing your experience at the Shrimp Haus and am pleased about your comments reagarding our large salad bar and diverse sauces. Our shrimp is the freshest around (as we buy straight from the lcoal shrimp boats!) so I am disappointed the flavor was not all it could be for you. I will share your comments with our entire staff. I wish I would have known that evening as we always want to exceed all of our Guests' expectations.
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Dirty, more casual than expected”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Ugh. Dead fish in nearly every aquarium and there are lots. Plastic outdoor furniture indoors. I could see it being fun in the summer, with music and the patio. However, I can't get past how bad the scallops and the fact my son had an unidentified object I his pizza. The place was gross when we visited.

Visited March 2013
MN
“Better than we imagined”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have long looked for a good seafood restauant on South Padre where the food was good & prices reasonable - now we found it.
We visited 3 times in the past month - once with 50+ people, once on a Sunday afternoon, once on a weekday evening. The food was tasty & well-prepared each time. The salad bar was the nicest we have seen in the south - actually fresh produce, not just potato salad & macaroni salad. The specials were reasonably priced full-sized meals. We had everything from sauteed shrimp to seafood pasta to steak - all was tasty, served hot & nicely presented. The one erroneous order was quickly replaced.
All that said, I thought the place was pretty dark inside, and would have loved a better view of the beach.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your time at the Shrimp Haus! The Island's best salad bar, in addition to fresh shrimp purchased locally make us stand out. It makes me happy to hear you are becoming a regular and we look forward to seeing you again soon....and with summer approaching, viewing the beach & Gulf waters will soon be much easier during the evening hours!! :o)