“Outstanding beachside cafe” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Houston
“Outstanding beachside cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I found the food to be very good and the service attentive as well. This is a must try for those visiting SPI.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Austin, Texas
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had breakfast here on the last day of my trip. Good food, nice portions, reasonable prices. The cafe is located on the beach. When you are sitting down you can see the ocean. It is very peaceful! It is an open air restaurant with ceiling fans. I was there when it was hot, but with the ocean breeze it was surprisingly comfortable. We ordered the migas, and the egg, bacon, pancake platter. They were both great! Will definitely eat here more than once on my next trip down.

Texas
“Pretty much the best shrimp that I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had just come over the bridge to look at the beach, had gotten stuck in traffic, decided that dinner was in order. We happened upon this place, and my grumpy attitude was corrected with their wonderful shrimp. I realize that many times, I enjoy shrimp because it is fried, and it is kind of like "an average goodness." This shrimp transcended that level, I could sense from the texture and flavor of it that it was a notch or two above the rest that I have had before. My wife had the blackened shrimp tacos, and really enjoyed them, also. Plus they had home-made potato chips that were very nice. If you go in the late afternoon, the outdoor tables will be in the shade, where we enjoyed nice breezes. Their iced tea was very good, plus somebody went out an put a temporary parking sign on our mini van for us, due some recent local snafus with parking.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
tmetty, Owner at Cafe on the Beach at The Palms Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We're so happy that you enjoyed our wonderful local gulf shrimp! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your return!
Leander, Texas
“Great Seafood and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had the combo seafood basket and oh my, it was outstanding! BIG shrimp, oysters, and snapper strips were served with their specialty french fries. Small intimate setting. You dine alfresco with a stunning view of the Gulf of Mexico! Such a pleasing, restful experience. They get busy, so go early!

“Peaceful beach dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Loved all the organic food! I had their signature salad and the organic berry smoothie. Actually it was so good I had two. My boyfriend had the lobster tail. Everything was perfect! Will be back next time we are in Padre.