“Great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Harlingen, Texas
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place is a great seafood dive joint with amazing food! The blackened calamari and fired shrimp are our favorites. The place is always packed which is a testament to how popular their food is among locals and tourists.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Coppell, Texas
“Butterfly shrimp, oh my!! We love the food here. Not only did we live the food we bought some to take home with us. The atmos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

.Butterfly shrimp, oh my!! Not only did we love the food we bought some to take home with us. The atmosphere is laid back. You will enjoy it. Fresh oysters, fresh everything..

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Food was good, but ceviche was different. The tables were small folding tables. Don't bother dressing for this dinner....they didn't. They could definitely put some work into it. It's a little run down.

Visited April 2013
Cedar Park, Texas
“Best fried shrimp I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place isn't much to look at, but I almost cried when I tasted the fresh Gulf shrimp. I've never had such succulent shrimp in my life, and I was born and raised in Texas. I've been eating Gulf shrimp for as long as I can remember. The cook here knows how to handle these little guys. They were cooked perfectly and retained their sweet flavor.

Visited April 2013
Fort Davis, Texas
“An average seafood joint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Visited South Padre on the 12th of April and decided to give Dirty Al's a try, even though the reviews have been all over the place for this restaurant. We visited around 5 PM and got a booth in the back near the water where we could watch the boats come and go. That was the best part of the visit. We all had the fried fish and shrimp baskets with fries. The fish was so-so. The shrimp little better. Food was nice and hot. The fries were pretty good and lots of them.

Just as we got there, as luck would have it, the water got turned off out in the street in front of the restaurant. As a result restrooms were terribly dirty with stuff thrown on the floor. This was uncomfortable for the two ladies in our group who couldn't use the restroom. I guess no one on the staff ever went in there to see it. The place was not at all busy, service was not bad. Just ordinary. Nothing special.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere