I'm a pretty harsh critic and our experience here was NOTHING like the people who had bad experiences. List:
1. Location. It's so easy to get to. The grounds are nice and very resort like. Having the beach access was a blessing and their board walk was in great condition. The elevator is, as Sara T. said, VERY, VERY, VERY SLOW. It also has no air-conditioning and when it's 94% humidity outside and 92 degrees, it makes for a looong hot ride.
2. Our suite was really nice and modern! It was super big and clean. The bed was reeaally comfortable but their pillows were rock solid and had us tossing and turning our first night there. After that we just got our own from a store. Shower worked fine and the air conditioning in the rooms worked just as we hoped. The kitchen counters and the counter in the bathroom are granite and all with stainless steel appliances. The balcony was a decent size for two people and we had beautiful views of the ocean and pool. The walls aren't paper thin. I'm a light sleeper and I didn't hear anything upstairs or next to us. In the morning I could hear kids out by the pool but it wasn't terrible. We left the fan on in the bathroom all night to give us some ambient noise so that helped. One tip, bring your own towels. Theirs are pretty rough and I'm just glad I had ones from home to rub on my body/face.
3. Wifi wasn't the strongest. They should do something about that.
4. The pool was the perfect temperature and it was CLEAN!
5. Yes, it is a long way to walk if you park and don't wait for the guys with the golf carts. It's a nice walk nothing crazy and when we first arrived with all of our belongings they were there to get us and bring us to the resort. You can use them whenever you want(well 8AM-10PM), you just have to call.
6. The gym was actually pretty decent for being in a resort hotel and all.
I don't know if we'll stay here when we come back in a few months but I wouldn't rule it out. We just like to see what our options are :) We really enjoyed ourselves and are overall, pleased with our stay at this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula