When you first arrive the walk up to the hotel is long and confusing. The front desk isn't even an actual front desk, but more like a sales office. They had lost our reservation although they charged our credit card a month before our stay. The manager came out and said she would honor the reservation "this time".
When we finally got to our room the layout and space were very nice. Had 3 full bedrooms and each bedroom had its own bath. The kitchen area was pretty ghetto and the fridge didn't cool all that great. Most rooms had items missing from them and the hotel never replaced these items such as lamps and alarm clocks. The TVs in the bedrooms aren't even flat panel! This hotel was built in the late 2000's there should be flat panels in all the rooms. Needless to say none of the TV remotes worked except the one in the living room and that was held together with electrical tape. There's rust on all exterior areas and the exterior lights on the both building all turn off early and it gets pretty dark.
Needless to say we won't be staying here again. The restaurant food is awful and the majority of the staff could care less. It's sad because this place has so much potential but nobody cares!
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Hotel
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.