This 3 BR 3 bath unit was laid out very nicely on the beachfront, however, the maintenance is horrible. The sink faucet is not screwed down and falling out of the hole and you need two hands to hold it in place in order to turn it on and off. Two doors inside were locked so we had to call the front desk to have them opened. Then we had to call them again to get a sink stopper so we could fill the sink with water. The kitchen has bare minimum pots/pans/dishes and the dryer does not work. It is so noisy - like fingernails on chalkboards - and after an hour or so when the clothes are not dry you then need to spread them over all the chair in the place over night to get them dry. Makes you feel like you're at the coin laundromat with all the clothes drying around you. The WiFi is basically not working so we had to get the name and passcode for the neighboring property and use theirs, which is slower than dirt. The best thing about this timeshare is that almost no one else is here so we have the hot tub to ourselves, and it is warm enough since the pool is unheated and cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula