Some of the previous reviews were a little harsh over all it was not a bad deal for the money, the location was an A plus and we had a studio king on the 4th floor. The only ice machine was ion the second floor in what they referred to as the laundry room which was a run down room with a table full of tools, no laundry. Pool area was very nice with nice lounge chairs however water was very cold including both of the spas. Complaints about parking lot not really valid, you can drive up the walkway where they do have some handicap parking, also did have golf carts. Biggest complaint was package bought through travel zoo included $50 spa credit on all spa services of 1 hour. My wife made reservations for a 1 hour massage and then got a call back 1 hour later and said the 1 hour massage was $95 and she had to use the voucher for something worth $100 or more. I know its only $5 but it is the principle of the thing and therefor I would never return. However my wife may argue with me on that in that she said it was one of the best massages ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula