Stayed for a weekend at the Peninsula. Really nice pool but the rooms are just okay. The walk to the hotel from the parking lot is about a 1/4 of a mile. The sheets and the pillows in the rooms are from a low grade best western and the rooms all need to be touched up. The blinds were broken in the room so at night we could not close them in order to get privacy or block out the light. The rooms smell like old condos and there is just nothing impressive about this place. If you are looking for just a place to sleep than stay here. By the way, I live in the area and I just want you to know the two best places to eat are Yummies Bistro for an American breakfast, Manuel's in Port Isabel for a Mexican breakfast taco and the Sea Ranch for dinner. The one hidden gem to eat at for lunch or dinner is the Palm Cafe, located at the little Palm Resort Motel right on the beach. They have the best fresh seafood shrimp and red snapper fish basket. Nothing else compares to this on the island. If you go eat at Dirty Al's or Daddy's you are not eating fish from the area but stuff caught in Vietnam. You will taste the difference. The Palm is the only cafe on the beach with a beautiful view. I don't really like saying this due to the fact that its a nice quiet place and don't want it over run to the point where you cant get in......try it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula