I had purchased a 2 day stay from Travel Zoo which included a $50 food and $50 spa credit. We arrived at the Hotel around 1:30 PM on Sunday November 4th and attempted to check in early. We entered the office and we were greeted not with a welcome smile but almost like we were intruding. We were told check in was not until 4 PM. I asked if we could possibly get our room expediated and was told in a monotone voice they would call us. We noticed approx. 4 cars parked in the lot so I was a bit surprised a little more enthusiastic service was not offered. We received a call at 3:35 advising us our room was ready.
After arriving in our room the remote to the television was not working so I attempted to call the front desk. The office answered the phone but they could not hear from so after several attempts I finally went to the office. A new remote was delivered.
The next day we decided to use our food credit at the hotel restaurant. We entered at 9:00 AM and were the only customers there. Quite frankly, the coffee appeared to be several days old and was one of the worst cups I have ever had. The breakfast came out cold and tasteless. My wife remarked since we were the only customers there how could the food not be hot. Again, one of the worst meals we ever had. It was so bad we decided not to even use the balance of our food credit.We attempted to make coffee in our room but could not locate a coffee maker. Again, I went down to the front desk and asked if the room was suppossed to have a coffee maker and was told 'Yes'. I advised him ours did not. A coffee maker was sent up minus coffee and condiments so I once again had to back to the office and request coffee filters/cream/sugar.
The next day music came on loud and clear by the pool at 7:00 AM which I guess was better than a wake up call. From my perspective I fail to see the need to have music piped on so early.
When we returned later in the day our room was cleaned however once again no coffee filter/condiments was left.
Check out time is at 11:00 AM and due to a spa appointment we requested an extension. I was told we could have until 11;30. I asked if we could extend it till noon and was told I could but I will be charged if any later.
All 4 front desk employees I dealt with had the same robotic attitude and appeared to be annoyed complying with customer requests. Some other perspectives; Spa is not warm and the towels are not soft.
I come to the island on both business and pleasure and have stayed at many different hotels but the service here leaves a lot to be desired and it is without a doubt not a so-called 5 star Hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula Island Hotel
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.