My boyfriend and I stayed here for the SPI Bikefest in October. We purchased the room from Expedia for $120. When we arrived, it was a little confusing on how to get to the main office because the parking lot is separated from the resort by an open field. But since we were on a motorcycle, we just drove right on up to the building, so I don't have the complaints that others did about carrying luggage up the walk way. Check in was easy, the two ladies in the office were very nice. When we got to our room on the 4th floor, we were EXTREMELY suprised to find that we were given the Presidental Suite, it just being the two of us. We double checked with the front office and they confirmed that was our room. I thought the room was very nicely decorated and very spacious. Large kitchen, large living room, very large dining room table and fantastic balcony. There were balcony doors from the master bedroom, living room, and dining room. The balcony was L-shaped, so you could look out onto the water or the pool. I loved the room and thought it was a shame that we were spending less than 24 hours in it. The only issue with the room is that due to rust, the balcony doors didn't lock, so I was a bit concerned about that. Other than that, beautiful room! The pool area was so inviting, and the morning before we checked out, we did walk to the beach (great location for that!) and did use the pool...so refreshing and attractive patio furniture. We did not use the restaurant, bar, or spa so I can't comment on those amenities.
Just to address concerns that I read in previous posts, I didn't feel the elevator was slow, and yes, the doors are rusty, but that's what you get being on the coast. I live just up the coast from SPI and that's something we all deal with...the harsh salt air! As for having tile floors instead of carpet, I loved the tile floors! It being on the beach, it's easy to clean, and carpet is just unsanitary, not to mention the high humidity down there creates mold problems. And as hot as it gets in Texas, I certainly appreciate cool tile over carpet any day! I didn't interact with many employees, but the ladies at check in were very pleasant.
Overall, I would stay here again. It's a great location, a beautiful property, and great access to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among the sea oats and sand dunes, and highlighted by the blue of the Gulf of Mexico, The Peninsula Island Resort and Spa South Padre Island, Texas is the perfect venue for a relaxing island escape. Located directly on the beach in the heart of South Padre Island's "hotel row", our upscale property opened in 2006, and combines the highest standards in construction with contemporary, tasteful design. The units are all well-appointed, and range in size from our very popular studio kitchenette units to our 3 bedroom/3 bath condominiums. With concrete walls, porcelain tile flooring, and leather furniture, our resort was designed to resist to mold, humidity and allergens all-too-often common near the sea. Our swimming pool is the largest infinity pool in South Texas, and features a convenient swim up bar. Each offers either a full kitchen or kitchenette, and everything else necessary to cook and serve a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your thing, Las Olas Restaurant Grill and Bar, located onsite, is considered by many to be one of the best restaurants on South Padre Island, and offers a variety of delicious homemade dishes available for in-room dining. All-in-all, the Peninsula is in a league of its own--offering the spacious luxury of a condominium, coupled with the service and appointments of an upper-tier resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Peninsula Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peninsula Island Resort And Spa
- Peninsula Island Hotel South Padre Island
- Peninsula South Padre Island
- South Padre Island Peninsula