“Saida I, 204 South Padre” 5 of 5 stars

You added Saida I to your Saves list
Saida I
400 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Kansas
“Saida I, 204 South Padre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Really nice - complex has three pools & hot-tubs allows you to have privacy and enjoy many amenities. Tennis courts, shuffle bd, etc. The condo was just been remodeled, new furniture, beds, big flat screen tv, right on beach - gorgeous views from the balcony. we found it at - mypadregetaway.com

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

Let me just start off by saying...

"WHAT A VIEW!!!"

I have stayed at other units in Saida I, and Saida Royal. I think by far this unit ( Saida I apt 202) has been the best. It looks newly decorated too. It has a beautiful and tranquil wall color etc. I loved it! Even if I had to sleep on the floor, the view would make up for it. It makes you feel like you are two steps away from the beach! Which you really are close to. It is such a short walk down to the pools, hot tub, tennis court and of course the sand. We stayed for a week and it was so pleasant. Also a plus, just in case you are some one who worries, they have security that walks around the complex! Excellent for many reasons, but overall because you don't have to worry about unwanted "guest" roaming around. The security is there day and night. You also have to have a permit ( which is included when you rent) in order to enter and park... because they have a gate.

I can't say enough good things!

BEAUTIFUL VIEW
CLOSE PROX. TO BEACH AND POOL
BEAUTIFUL VIEW!!

I will definetly be back and make sure to ask for this room. I booked it threw Franke Realtors and I even think they have a website. ( but we called)

Hope this is helpful.

• Liked — The view
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
McKinney, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

I have stayed at the Saida I for the last 8 Octobers and we love the place. We stayed all previous years in unit 305 and this year in 505. They are always clean and well maintained. We don't ask for much after arrival so I can't speak to the service I guess....but the rooms are identical as far as I can tell. I am already bargaining for our October 2009 stay. I'm not sure where the complaints are coming from on this board. I highly recommend Saida I.

Bobby
McKinney, TX

• Liked — It Is VERY quiet
  • Disliked — Water pressure could be higher
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

The unit - #4803 was dirty, and out dated. The carpet in both bedrooms was disgusting. The bathroom smelled of urine. The walls and baseboards were filthy and you wouldn't want to know what was on them. We found roaches. There was hot water in only one bathroom. The towel racks were broken off in one of the bathrooms. The refrigerator had no icemaker, the brackets on the doors were broken off and you could not use the door for storage. The back of the refrigerator froze anything liquid. The refrigerator was also not cleaned when we arrived.
The pools were cloudy.Condo owners are allowed pets and one owner took their dogs in for a swim in one of the pools and did not pick up their dog's poop.
One of the elevators broke while we were there and was not fixed while we were there.
This property is managed by South Padre Island rentals. They manage many properties on the island. They were not helpful and did nothing about our complaints.

• Liked — the view of the beach
  • Disliked — dirty
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2006

We stayed at Saida III for a week during Thanksgiving and it was a wonderful trip. It is a great location and our unit was recently remodeled with a great view of the Gulf. Be sure to bring your tennis gear as the courts are very nice. I recommend dining at Naturally's for lunch and De Luna (both bayside) for an exquisite dinner. The water was clear and cool and can't be beat for a Texas Winter.

Stayed October 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2006

This is part of a very large gated condo complex at the south end of the island. Saida I faces southeast and is close to the beach. In front of Saida I is a small and very well kept pool area. The beach is extensive and not particularly crowded, but you’ll need your own lounge/beach chairs and umbrella as these items are not part of the deal. A series of sandbars makes the water fun for splashing around in but not for actual swimming.

The grounds are very well maintained and attractive; however, the condos (at least the one we rented) are showing their age. Everything in our condo worked just fine, but the furniture and rugs were worn and not very clean.

College spring break was over by the time we arrived; there were lots of high school kids staying at the complex while we were there. Fortunately for us, none were staying on our floor. There are no barbecues on site so don’t plan any steak and seafood feasts.
There are three restaurants we’d recommend: Pirate’s Den, Amberjacks, and Bigo’s.

Taxi rides anywhere on the island are $2/person so going out for supper after having wine on the deck was no problem at all. We’d stay at Saida again.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2003

I booked a condo at SAIDA because they advertised in the web as "luxury" condos and they were expensive. The two bedroom condo was YUCKY. The sofas were dirty; the rubber on the bath mats had long desintegrated; the carpet was dirty; the bedspreads were old and full of knots; the toilet water ran on and off all night; the washing machines were horrible. AACE Rentals answer was that they have other "nicer condos" but that we were told that this one was "not as nice".
The response was totally unacceptable and I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN. It was an unpleasant experience.

Been to Saida I? Share your experiences!