“weekend get away” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in South Padre Island
Progreso, texas
“weekend get away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

check in was no problem, lady who checked us in was very helpful, assisted with how to turn on the jacuzzi in our room even explained to the tee! room was rather larger than i expected very clean and had more than enough towels for the both of us. we did not visit pool area so cant say much about that but lots of stuff within walking distance. will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
San Benito, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The room was very comfortable and so spacious. It was great that it had a separate area for the sink than for the tub so someone could be getting ready while the other was in the shower. It has a small pool area but its on the ISLAND so we went to the beach anyway. We got to park right in front of our room so there was no hassle of a long distance in the parking lot which is great. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Everything was average for the price needs a little up keep. Maybe a outside paint job, larger pool area if possible. Service was ok more motivation. I expected more shopping places nearby. Closed at night a tad inconvenient. But overall it was ok overall.

• Stayed December 2012
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The very first day we stayed the room looked clean and a value for the price. Upon returning to the room, my daughter got in bed and realized the mattress and all the layers but the top were soaked in urine. After taking care of the issue at 11pm at night I asked the head mgr. to make sure all the sheets in the room were changed the next day when cleaning the room. The beds were untouched and had sheets from the night before that I had to change. Disgusting and rediculously horrible on that service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011 via mobile

Our first time in spi & we had a clean room great service centraly located to everything. (We walked everywhere with 2 small children). Highly recomend staying here! We will always stay here when we visit spi!!

• Stayed May 2011
DFW, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

My fiance and I both work in hotels and have for the past 15 years so we are VERY critical about things when picking a hotel/motel. I won't lie driving up being as critical as I am I had second thoughts---but when we went to check to see their rates and availability the lady behind the counter was very plesant to deal with. Again we work in hotels so we know what it's like to get a rude front desk agent. Hell we've beent here! lol

I believe she may have been the manager. She told us everything she had available and answered all of my fiances questions without beating around the bush about anything. We wound up getting a room with a king size bed and jacuzzi. She explained what we would need to do before using the jacuzzi which was no big deal but most people won't even offer to tell you anything. She told us how far the beach was away (only a block) and recommended some places to eat and things to do. Once we got to the room of course we both inspect everything! It was very clean, very roomy! We had a dorm sized fridge and microwave, nice size TV and a VERY comfy King size bed----and well of course the nice sized jacuzzi!!!!!! The bathroom was very spacious. They gave us plenty of towels, soap, shampoo we didn't have to ask for anything. When we did call because I forgot my iron the---the girl who answered the phone was very sweet and they let us borrow and iron and mini ironing board. The biggest thing for me was the customer service we got which rocked!!! We are totally going back very soon and when they took out debit cards they didn't over authorize or over charge us like almost EVERY hotel I've ever worked for does. They swipe our cards and we paid everything up front.

It wasn't noisy at all while we were there and given the time of year they did have other guest inhouse but.... we weren't bothered by anyone what's so ever.

They also offer a free contiental breakfast, free wifi and it was VERY fast!, free in coffee and coffee makers.
They also have a swimming pool that looked very clean! We didn't go swimming but that's only because I was totally hooked on the beach!

There are tons of great places to dine that are walking distance and affordable also lots of places to shop!

We really enjoyed our trip and we look forward to going back within the next few weeks/months!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

Hotel manager and clerks are extremely rude. Extremely noisy and smokey. Not worth the hassel to save a few bucks. Not that great of a hotel and certainly not worth confrontations with very poor, apparently unskilled and uneducated management. So many better, pleasant places to stay on a beautiful island. I Love S.P.I., not so much the Budget Horror!

Stayed May 2008

Been to Budget Host Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!