“Its was Ok” 3 of 5 stars

3408 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX 78597   |
Ranked #20 of 33 hotels in South Padre Island
“Its was Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Everything was average for the price needs a little up keep. Maybe a outside paint job, larger pool area if possible. Service was ok more motivation. I expected more shopping places nearby. Closed at night a tad inconvenient. But overall it was ok overall.

• Stayed December 2012

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The very first day we stayed the room looked clean and a value for the price. Upon returning to the room, my daughter got in bed and realized the mattress and all the layers but the top were soaked in urine. After taking care of the issue at 11pm at night I asked the head mgr. to make sure all the sheets in the room were changed the next day when cleaning the room. The beds were untouched and had sheets from the night before that I had to change. Disgusting and rediculously horrible on that service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011 via mobile

Our first time in spi & we had a clean room great service centraly located to everything. (We walked everywhere with 2 small children). Highly recomend staying here! We will always stay here when we visit spi!!

• Stayed May 2011
DFW, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

My fiance and I both work in hotels and have for the past 15 years so we are VERY critical about things when picking a hotel/motel. I won't lie driving up being as critical as I am I had second thoughts---but when we went to check to see their rates and availability the lady behind the counter was very plesant to deal with. Again we work in hotels so we know what it's like to get a rude front desk agent. Hell we've beent here! lol

I believe she may have been the manager. She told us everything she had available and answered all of my fiances questions without beating around the bush about anything. We wound up getting a room with a king size bed and jacuzzi. She explained what we would need to do before using the jacuzzi which was no big deal but most people won't even offer to tell you anything. She told us how far the beach was away (only a block) and recommended some places to eat and things to do. Once we got to the room of course we both inspect everything! It was very clean, very roomy! We had a dorm sized fridge and microwave, nice size TV and a VERY comfy King size bed----and well of course the nice sized jacuzzi!!!!!! The bathroom was very spacious. They gave us plenty of towels, soap, shampoo we didn't have to ask for anything. When we did call because I forgot my iron the---the girl who answered the phone was very sweet and they let us borrow and iron and mini ironing board. The biggest thing for me was the customer service we got which rocked!!! We are totally going back very soon and when they took out debit cards they didn't over authorize or over charge us like almost EVERY hotel I've ever worked for does. They swipe our cards and we paid everything up front.

It wasn't noisy at all while we were there and given the time of year they did have other guest inhouse but.... we weren't bothered by anyone what's so ever.

They also offer a free contiental breakfast, free wifi and it was VERY fast!, free in coffee and coffee makers.
They also have a swimming pool that looked very clean! We didn't go swimming but that's only because I was totally hooked on the beach!

There are tons of great places to dine that are walking distance and affordable also lots of places to shop!

We really enjoyed our trip and we look forward to going back within the next few weeks/months!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

Hotel manager and clerks are extremely rude. Extremely noisy and smokey. Not worth the hassel to save a few bucks. Not that great of a hotel and certainly not worth confrontations with very poor, apparently unskilled and uneducated management. So many better, pleasant places to stay on a beautiful island. I Love S.P.I., not so much the Budget Horror!

Stayed May 2008
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

similar experience to the others listed. made a reservation via expedia.com and traveled out to the island. arrived at check in time and they claimed they had no reservations. I showed them my confirmation number and the rude receptionist gave me a card and told me to call the manager. I told her you call her. you work here. basically we argued for about one hour. the bottom line was they wanted to hike up the rate on us. they claimed expedia never sent over the fax. however, expedia records showed they did and they even sent it over that day. they had two rooms and refused to honor that price. i notified the chamber and better business bureau. this places is a joke.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinoin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2007

Our son had his wedding planned for August 4, 2007. We all went to South Padre Island in person in January of 2007 to look at hotels and book several rooms for family and friends who were coming to the wedding. Everything was set. My husband and I went to Texas again in May of 2007 and while we were there we decided to check on the motel. Everything was still set. When my sons friends arrived on August 2 for the wedding, their rooms were all of a sudden gone. My husband had to argue with the office people for 3 hours to get it straightened out. Then all of a sudden some rooms appeared. (fishy) Then when some family came from Palinview,TX they were told that they didn't have rooms. It was a nightmare. It also happened that South Padre was having a fighing tournament that weekend. We think they deleted some of our rooms so that they could charge more to people that were there for the fishing tournament. Sad to say, but we will never stay at Budget Host Flamingo again.

• Liked — It was close to the beach
  • Disliked — Service-the way they handled our rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Budget Host Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!